News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cheyenne Wyoming Ladyseed AAR 10-11Aug2019

Started by M1bzrk, August 12, 2019, 03:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

10-11August 2019  Wyoming's first Ladyseed! 
Not high in attendance, but the quality was great.
ShootBoss Mercedes came up from Texas and Scopeditout came up from Colorado Springs.  Locally we had The Homemaker from Casper, and Mercedes conscripted colonial shooter, sleepy and myself.  We missed you, Barb, Sapra & Izzy15!

Three attendees showed up on Saturday, but Wendy was unable to shoot because of recent surgery, so that narrowed it down to Shuestin (sorry if I mis-spelled your name) from Cheyenne and Hilary from Colo Springs - on the line.

Saturday was spent sighting in and hammering on the fundamentals, especially sling use.  One AQT at the end of the day.
Shuestin had only shot a rifle once before, while Hilary was pretty experienced (though mostly from a bench).  She shot a bolt action Savage and proved that a bolty was no handicap on Stages 1 and 4! 
Rick gave an excellent presentation, setting the scene.  Then Crystal gave a unique take on the 1st Strike, Mercedes followed up with a great 2nd Strike that really sparked the ladies.  Great job, all of you.

Sunday morning more fundamentals then on to AQTs. 
The ladies were joined on the line by Jacques who had cleared numerous Redcoats in the past and was determined to earn his Rifleman patch. Shuestin tried a couple different loaners: one scoped, another red-dot, and finally settled on irons! That did the trick and her next AQT scored 55 points higher.  I had high hopes of the Rifleman score, but someone shot the wrong target or we might have had 2 new Riflemen.  The point is they all improved incredibly over the weekend and now have a firm grasp of the fundamentals. 

The weather was excellent by Wyoming standards: gusty with scattered showers, but no downpours or real wind, though we did put extra posts on the target line to keep the backers from bobbing.  Otto Road Range is very supportive of Appleseed and we thank Dee and Hank for all they do to support the shooting community.  If you live in the area, Join Up.

Thanks to Mercedes for a great job SBing.  We all learned a lot from you (expected nothing less from a Texan).  Hope to see you again.
Thank you, Scopeditout.  We appreciate your coming up from the Springs and bringing Mathren and Jacques.
Sam, thanks for everything - not least of which is your hospitality, great trout dinner, by the way.
Crystal & Rick, thank you both for all you do, great jobs.

Thank you Attendees, Hilary, Shuestin and Jacquelin (it was a LADYseed, you know). It was great meeting you all.  Perservere, you all are well on your way to shooting Rifleman!
Thank you, Wendy for sticking it out all weekend even though you were unable to shoot, and especially for stepping up and taking a Blue Hat!
  Looking forward to the next Wyoming LadySeed……..

colonial shooter

Great report, and great event. Only wish there were more students... maybe next time! Hillary is from Denver a very blue part of the state, but did well even with that handicap! Shestin a complete newbie had almost mastered the fundamentals and will (with persistence) make rifleman soon enough. I also want to thank the staff for not complaining about my grilling skills. I thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship the meal allowed.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Mercedes

Mercedes

THANK YOU, Sam, for the AMAZING Wyoming hospitality. 

THANK YOU, Sam, Berk, Rick, Crystal, and Deb for your enthusiasm, instructional excellence, and patience with me!

A HUGE shout out to Shestin and Hilary for attending at the inaugural Wyoming Ladyseed and their patience and perseverance learning and implementing so many new concepts and skills.  And Shestin, who used three different rifles during this event, I so wish that we had learned you were having difficult seeing through the red dot scope on Saturday afternoon or even Sunday morning so that we could have changed out the rifles sooner.  It's a lesson that I'm bringing home to TX to ask better questions when it comes to what our shooters are experiencing with the equipment they're using.

THANK YOU, Jacques, for driving four hours from Colorado Springs to meet up with us for dinner on Saturday, and for joining Shestin and Hilary on the line on Sunday.  The Rifleman patch is waiting for you to accept it.

Drumroll, please...AND NOW THE AQT SCORES FROM SUNDAY...

Hilary - 151, 154, 164, 176
Shestin - 115 (red dot scope), then changed to iron sights 169, 149, 154
Jacques - 142, 189, 186, 196 (we had to scratch 35 points from Shestin's AQT target due to Jacques' error shooting at the wrong target - when adding just half of those scratched points, Jacques would have score Rifleman)