News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

E. Granby, CT AAR Hartford Gun Club, Aug. 3-4, 2019

Started by TOMINCT, August 06, 2019, 09:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

A great weekend to our return to HGC with the Appleseed Project.  Several new shooters along with some interesting 'surprises' made for a challenging but fun weekend.

Our newer shooters consisted of some juniors along with a couple adults and the POI was taught at the drink for a firehose pace. After the instruction, correction, some drills and checking for loose receiver screws the attendees fired 2 AQT's before the end of the day.

Axel was able to pound out a Rifleman score with a 210 and a nice dousing of spring water by Shannon.

Sunday opened well but the Mr. Murphy, from Murphy's law, stopped by and did his level best to make sure that many were going to be put thru the wringer for much of the day. Scopes loosening, sights drifting in their dovetails and numerous other mechanical issues cropped up, far more than experienced in recent memory, especially with a smaller group of shooters. Even with this everyone hung tough and much improvement was seen by the end of the day.

Axel was able to knock out a few more RM scores, with a high of 219, just to show his 210 wasn't a fluke. Sebastian hit it with scores in the 180's along with Jack.

A big thanks goes to Hartford Gun Club for the use of their range and facilities. Some major work had been done to improve the range and we hope to return there next year.

The instructor cadre of Parallax, CAANY and Perserverance  did much to make this event run like a well oiled machine. Many thanks to you gentlemen.

Pics should be up soon.

A Rifleman persists.

crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

A nice warm weekend to have an Appleseed at The Hartford Gun Club in comparison to last Octobers Nor'easter. Much better.

Parallax

The hard work paid off for all. Building knowledge and skill for the future.  :F

Congratulations to all.

Parallax

With Axel's score of 210, his wife happily did the honors. I didn't manage to get her in the picture, but as later pictures surface, I'm sure they will show she had a big smile on her face.

In Liberty.

CAANY

Shooting mats out and instruction in progress
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others." - Sir Winston S. Churchill.

CAANY

Apologies, I am still having issues uploading pictures.  These have been manually resized as screen shots on my iPhone.  If anyone would like the originals please let me know.   Great day with pretty decent weather as the pictures show.  Many thanks to the Hartford Gun Club and the members who participated, and to the instructors.  Look at all those holes in the Red Coat Targets at the end of day 1! Congratulations to Axel for Rifleman with 210! Why does someone always appear with "a bottle of river water from the North Bridge" for a score of 210? Always great to see some more younger attendee at an Appleseed, hope to see them return for their Rifleman patch!
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others." - Sir Winston S. Churchill.