News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Official Planning Thread: Jonesboro, IN August 17-18, 2019

Started by SteelThunder, August 05, 2019, 10:43:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelThunder

We're about 2 weeks out from our event.  So far, we have 15 people signed up.  Let's light this rocket!

WE COULD USE ANOTHER INSTRUCTOR OR TWO.  PLEASE LOOK AT YOUR CALENDAR AND HELP OUT!

COF
+ "Standard 25M Appleseed"
+ Let's KILL THE TIME MONKEY and keep things moving!!   
+ I will be running a line of laser NPOA demo rifles in place of the carding the sights exercise - BRING LASER DUMMY RIFLES IF YOU HAVE THEM

Students: 
+ 15 students so far.  Looks good
+ Nice mix of families.  Only 1 youth shooter (11 yrs) so far.  A few folks in their 60's 

Instructors:
Shoot Boss:  SteelThunder
IT: Lonestar6
IIT:  <crickets>
Applecore:  <crickets>

PC advancements to be evaluated: 

Logistics:
+ This is the midwest...in August...in Indiana.  It will likely be scorching hot so be prepared
+ I have 2 8x8 EZ Ups...we will use these.  If you have some, please bring them to cover the shooting line if it is really raining hard.
+ Gene Henderson is our LBOTG.  He will have a target line set up on Thursday night (yay!!).  We just need to bring backers
+ Instructor meeting at 7:45 am on Saturday.  Please be there no later than 0730 for set up.  I'll figure out if we need to be there on Friday night or not.

Instructor dinner - We'll have to see

History:  Start volunteering, or I'm gonna start volunTOLDing  We'll just be coming off of HBC so there's NO EXCUSE not to use some of those mad skillz

• 1st Strike:  <crickets>
  • 2nd Strike: <crickets>
  • 3rd Strike: <crickets>
  • Saturday benediction: Steel
  • DOMs:   Whittemore - <crickets>; Wyman - ??; Elizabeth Zane - ??; Lamson - ??; Others -- ??
  • Sunday benediction: Steel

7th Stepping -- All the cadre should be working to generate shooters on the line as well as lookout for students that display marksmanship abilities, even temperament, enthusiasm, a connection with the message, ability to communicate, willingness to help out.  Please point these characteristics out to me during the weekend.

Instructors Carrying:  Legal OC/CC encouraged by instructors however, a minimum of Level 2 retention is required.  Make sure you check IN gun laws

Requal:  Unlikely with the low number of instructors present.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

scuzzy

I figured I'd bump this thread since looks like ST needs some help there.

I'd just received an email from a guy interested in registering so I'd checked to see who the SB was. And then saw that ST has a lot of people registered and no help.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.