News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tavares, FL AAR July 27th-28th, 2019

Started by Cable___Guy, July 30, 2019, 05:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cable___Guy

Liberty is alive in Central Florida.
Project Appleseed hosted our First event at the Eustis Gun Club in Tavares Florida. EGC has been active for over 100 years and has a solid membership base.
We were treated to an Air conditioned Classroom ,  a Food truck serving breakfast and lunch, and Real Bathrooms.

Over the course of two days, marksmenship and History were passed on from one American to another American.

2 sets of Fathers and Son's and 1 Repeat Father daughter combo proved history and heritage go hand in hand , one generation to the next.

I want to thank The top notch instructor Cadre that came out of the wood works to make this event the enormous success it was.  :bow:

After the KD Lecture we stepped up to the 100 yard line with The greatest battle implement ever devised.  Impact  with 30-06 Freedom seeds.

All the Shooters proved they have the ability to score.  With Dry fire and persistence you will all get there. Nate 204 is just motivation, keep at it.

I will post all the pics Rambo Granny took shortly. If anyone has any more please post them up.

If you want to contact Eustis gun club and comment on your experience please do so , we will be speaking with them soon to schedule more events.
EGC can be reached at secretary@eustisgunclub.org  :F

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

rambo granny

An inaugural event with memorable "firsts".  The red coat team games went to a new level of positive numbers as teams strategized to avoid those very costly -6 points for every miss. SB Todd picked the perfect timing to give students a mental rest from the AQT grind. These students rallied and then competed with their teams with such verve that we had to run a tie breaker! Never seen that before. The students were refreshed and ready for more afterward.
Also a first was a student named Morgan who hit the Morgan shingle on last redcoat for Sunday. There is no way anyone could imagine the totally amazing progress this young man made in two days.
The whole group of students were a pleasure with terrific teachable attitudes.
Our fresh batch of orange hats all look very promising to make LadyLiberty smile.
We got mucho attention from range members giving opportunity for a lot of 7 stepping.
Great event.
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Pirategirl

What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

Minutemom

Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Flip_Floperator

Hey y'all! Nate here.

Had a great time last weekend. Hadn't gotten any free time to post yet. Fantastic experience, won't be my last. Very pleased with the range as well. Thanks to all the volunteers for borrowed gear and instruction.My old man and I will be down for another, and got two others planning for one as well. The instruction and coaching was phenomenal, I learned a lot and as it was said several times, "it's starting [me] on a journey" motivated and ready to go for round two in a couple weeks in Orlando if all goes according to plan!

9mm4545

This was a great shoot and I believed that we made a positive impression at this new venue. Our group of shooters were a hardy bunch and the relentless heat seemed only a minor annoyance. (Having an air conditioned classroom nearby was a wonderful thing.) We saw so much improvement it was simply amazing.

Nate, I love your forum name! If you plan on going to Orlando, don't wait too long as it is a small venue and frequently will sell out. Right now there are eleven pre-registered shooters and the max capacity is only 16. Of course, if you brought your dad and three friends, you could claim the last spots on the line! Whether you go to this shoot or another, dry practice is the key. Practice perfectly and give yourself no slack at all as you insist on perfection. When you get to the range with live ammo, relax, and have fun enjoying the rewards of all your hard work at home. You can do it!

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata