News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA AAR JUNE 29-30, 2019

Started by NorCal22Gal, July 04, 2019, 03:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

June can usually be quite toasty for events, but this one was just about perfect.

We had 6 students on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. 

This group learned and soaked up the material like sponges.  The fire hose of knowledge was not a problem for these folks.  4 were returning students, 2 were new students as well as fairly new to firearms.  Have to say, I didn't realize they were that new as they ran those rifles as if they had been shooting for years!  Nice work.

Raymond, a returning rifleman proved he did know what he was about by re-qualifying with a 222 on Sunday.  His friend Matt, scored a 211!! 

Great job guys!

Scores on Sunday had everyone in the upper marksman/sharpshooter range most of the afternoon.  Some more practice and we'll have some more riflemen and riflewoman. 

Thank you all for coming out and sharing our heritage this weekend.

Thank you to my instructors for making this a great weekend.

Staff this weekend.

Laurie     NorCal22Gal   Shoot Boss
Joe           eaglescouter
Steve        TallSteve
April        April6Showers

eaglescouter

What could possibly be a better way to spend the weekend?

-amazing facility
-terrific views
-enthusiastic participants
-dedicated staff
-unbelievably mild weather

Add some Rifleman scores, some 'interesting' rifle issues to sort out, incredible positive attitudes, and you've got a Hat Creek Appleseed!

A unique thing I noticed Sunday on the AQT targets, the entire line would score within 20 points of each other on almost every AQT.   This is something I have not seen previously.  And the very cool part about it was watching the scores go from unqualified, to marksman, to sharpshooter !

Job well done, and thank you for your perseverance.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

malabar

Sounds like good instruction to me.

tk

Quote from: eaglescouter on July 04, 2019, 04:08:41 PM

-amazing facility
-terrific views
-dedicated staff

Add some Rifleman scores, some 'interesting' rifle issues to sort out, incredible positive attitudes, and you've got a Hat Creek Appleseed!

A unique thing I noticed Sunday on the AQT targets, the entire line would score within 20 points of each other on almost every AQT.   This is something I have not seen previously.  And the very cool part about it was watching the scores go from unqualified, to marksman, to sharpshooter !

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

NorCal22Gal

That and some really attentive students. 

Quote from: malabar on July 04, 2019, 04:10:33 PM
Sounds like good instruction to me.

tk

Quote from: eaglescouter on July 04, 2019, 04:08:41 PM

-amazing facility
-terrific views
-dedicated staff

TallSteve

I truly enjoyed this weekend.  The timing was perfect, being the weekend before Patriot's Day.

The Hat Creek Rifle and Pistol Club Range is a fantastic facility.  The mountain elevation kept the temperatures mild.  The covered firing line kept us out of most of the sun.  Picnic tables under the trees for our lunch and story time. 

The students were attentive and worked hard.  They made my job of teaching IMC for the first time easy!  :-) . Thank you.

Laurie, Joe, and April were a pleasure to work with. 

And right before Patriot's Day!  :-)

I hope to see all of you again soon.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003