News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Manistee, MI. June 29 - 30, 2019

Started by Graywolf, July 02, 2019, 04:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We had a great time at Manistee this past weekend.  We had 24 shooters come to the line.  They all came eager to learn and to celebrate our heritage as Americans.  The weather was hot but they came to the line for every course of fire in a truly dedicated fashion.  It was a joy to work with them and watch them improve as marksmen over the course of the weekend.  The weather at times was a bit daunting but they did not let that interfere with their desire to learn and improve.

Congratulations to three of our shooters who scored rifleman!  Well done! We had several others that were knocking on the door but just could not get over the hump.  Remember, a rifleman persists!  You will all get there!

I want to thank the Manistee Muzzle Loading Club for hosting us again this year.  It is always a joy being at the Manistee range.  Special thanks to Henry for his presentations on Muzzle Loading and powder burn differences.  Very educational.  Thank you also to my instructors for giving of their time to make this shoot a success. 
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

kffunk99

Thank you Graywolf, Pookie, and 3 dogs for a muggy but good time. Thank you Range Rat for letting me use your shooting mat, I'll be sure to grab one in the near future. Thank you Manistee Muzzle Loading Club for your hospitality, the flintlock/percussion event was a welcome surprise. My shoot wasn't the best but was a major improvement from the previous year and I will be attending another Appleseed next year, gotta get that rifleman! Thanks again everyone-Karl

Rangerat67

Karl,  I look forward to seeing you on a line again in the future,  Keep practicing and you will get that patch!

Rangerat67