News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Monticello MN, June 29-30, 2019

Started by Trig, June 30, 2019, 09:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trig

Another great Appleseed weekend at Monticello Sportsman Club. Thank you to our gracious hosts and and a full line of attendees!

Lots of enthusiasm and teachable attitude on the line as well as a MN Senator! The road to rifleman started with 90+ heat and humidity on Saturday, a 2 hour torrential downpour on Sunday, with  high winds off and on the whole weekend, but Riflemen persevere!! Congratulations to our newest Riflemen Luke, Robert, Mike, Scott AND RifleWOman/MN's newest Orange hat Sophie!

Thank you from myself and all the instructors for being such a fine group of students.

Thanks to Schweaty and Ah Shoot! for all you did this weekend to make this another successful and safe Appleseed.

My personal expression of gratitude goes out to my mentor Colycat who came out this weekend all the way from Wisconsin to help all of us (especially ME) knock off the rust and reignite our own flames of Liberty.

1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

ahhshoot

Thanks to all you folks in Minnesota for making us wisco boys feel at home. Great group of shooters at a great gun club. Congrats to the riflemen and our new orange hat. I'll see you all on the Appleseed trail I'm sure. 
The past is only the future with the lights on.

Roberts68

I will treasure this day and one of those pictures for as long as I am able.

Perhaps we can top it one day, maybe tech sights and lose the big scopes eh Ah Shoot?  ;)

You guys put on a great shoot, and maintained an extremely safe firing line.  The Board will hear a rave review on the lessons of Heritage and Marksmanship imparted to participants, especially the youth who are the future. Several of us look to grow more Appleseeds in Monticello.

Robert

Maybe Raw Bert... I will have to think on that.  Roberts68 for now.

ProudPapa14

Thank you to the Project Appleseed Instructors and coordinators behind the scene for a great event.  Thank you for giving up family time, personal time, etc. to come out and share the heritage and shooting fundamentals with us.  Congrats to the five qualifiers.  I look forward to future events with the Appleseed organization and Monticello Sportsmen Club.

OldNorth

This was my first Appleseed and will certainly not be my last. I can't believe I got rifleman! I brought my 8 year old son and 11 year old daughter; my daughter is eager to do another too!

Thanks to the folks who helped instruct: Trig, Ahhshoot, Schweddy B and Colycat.  You kept the line safe, really helped our marksmanship and it was obvious that you very genuinely cared about the message Project Appleseed is trying to spread. Thanks Schweddy for the loner rifles!

You guys were great with my kids. You were so calm and patient, always willing to jump in and give a hand. They both enjoyed it, but I think you made a really big impact on my 11 year old daughter. She wants to buy her own .22, wear her Appleseed shirt whenever she goes out and buy some books on the revolution.
1st Appleseed - Monticello, MN 6/29/19 [Rifleman]

"A free people claim their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate." - Thomas Jefferson

Trig

Glad to hear from you all!

Check out:
https://www.amazon.com/Paul-Reveres-David-Hackett-Fischer/dp/0195098315/ref=nodl_
The first chapter is a lot of stage setting and "who's who?" But after that, the story is really well narrated.  Lots of the facts we use were gathered by his work in this book and recovered from diaries of the family's that lived it!
1st Appleseed - Osage Beach MO, 4/17/10- special thanks to Longshot, ThorsHammer, and JungleGeorge
2nd Appleseed - Lodi WI - Rifleman/Orange Hat 4/17/11 - special thanks to Dragonfly, Mr. Natural, Lady Vetch, and Trisha
IT1 - Hubertus WI, 5/7/11
IT2 - Racine WI, 6/11/11
IT3 - Suamico WI, 6/18/11
IT4 - Racine WI 8/7/11     ***KD Rifleman*** special thanks to Colycat and JoeZ
Red Hat - Hubertus 8/13/11
Shoot Boss - Lodi WI 6/10/12  *thanks to all I have learned/stolen from on my journey* Special thanks to Dfly and Coly *
********************Better Americans today, better America tomorrow!********************

A-lister

Wow that's a lot of shooters on the line! Well done and keep up the good work! :F
We in America do not have government by the majority-we have government by the majority who participate......All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

colycat

A finer group of Americans would never be found than the shooters we had for this event.  It was special,  and believe me when I say that as  I have been at a few Appleseeds.

Come to another and bring 2 or 12 friends.  Lets keep this going in MN.

I had a blast and really enjoyed spending time with all of you.

Libery and Freedom for all

coly
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine