News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington. OH AAR 15-16 June 2019

Started by Longrifleman, June 16, 2019, 11:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

"I will not tempt Mother Nature by saying that it never rains on AS in Wilmington."
"I will not tempt Mother Nature by saying that it never rains on AS in Wilmington."
"I will not...

Maybe I'll learn my lesson someday but, truth be told, it barely rained on us this weekend. We could have had it much, much worse!

Fact is we has us a flat-out, rip-roaring, Huzzah-yellin' good time at CCFSA once again due to the single-best, teachable-attitude group of shooters to ever grace Ol' Bay 7 at the greatest range in a five or so state area-Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen Association. We blasted Redcoats and blasted an Orange Hat (not the instructor- just his old hat!) as HammBone reached the coveted milestone of Full Red Hat Instructor this weekend.

Six glorious shooters took to the line Saturday morning and not a one wavered until the shingles fell Sunday afternoon. In the process we crowned two new Riflemen and had one re-qual. along with 2 Instructor re-quals to put up dead-even numbers of 50%. How's that for productivity?

Eric was the first to nail it with a score of 210 on the first official AQT which, of course, earned him a Concord Christening even though he used a bolt-action to do it! Sunday was the day of the Bens as Big Ben nailed a 211 and a 213 while Young Ben re-qualified with a 210 then backed it up with a 213 and a 218. That was enough to earn him a fine challenge coin put up by an accomplished Rifleman by the name of Flip who offered the prize to the highest score of the weekend! Thank you for the incentive Flip!

All together, everyone in attendance did some fantastic shooting. I can see Doug and Tom reaching the elusive mark very soon and Flip will no doubt back up his previous Rifleman score given another chance. I wish all of you a smooth road to Rifleman and remember PERSIST, PERSIST PERSIST!

The Redcoat numbers speak for themselves so look for them posted below!

One last order of business. Clinton County Farmers and Sportsman Association has a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to purchase some adjacent land that will result in what should be a fantastic 500-YD rifle range! Project Appleseed will, most likely, have a new KD range at it's disposal if the purchase can be made but they need help! Please consider donating to the cause or better yet joining the club.

Check out this link https://www.gofundme.com/ccfsa-property-purchase and thanks for your consideration.

Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

HammBone

That was an EXCELLENT Appleseed weekend. Our shooters were very quick to grasp concepts and by the later AQTs (I think we shot 8 in all!) they knew what they were about. I wish the whole line had been filled with patriots of similar quality. I could tell that the fire had been lit in these guys.

Once again the Wilmington crew shined with a tireless, professional display of the Appleseed Mission. They are all a joy to work with. It was great to see and hear Double00Buckeye (Nelson) on the line again after a work-induced absence.

Many thanks to Longrifleman for his excellent guidance during my journey through the IIT levels. I also have to call out DGMilty, Corvette, Shep, and TexasT for their help and example during my 14 months under the orange. And though he won't see this, I still have to mention the amazing MeanStreaker, who started me down this road back in 2013.

Finally, that CCFSA club is top notch. John and Angie fed us like kings at a pauper's rate both days. They even drove a special lunch down to RedLeg who was watching the line on Sunday.
1st Appleseed/Cleared Redcoat/Rifleman: 4/20/2013 - Miamisburg, OH
1st Known Distance Rifleman: 11/3/2018 - New Philadelphia, OH
1st Winterseed Rifleman: 1/26/2019 - Liberty Center, OH
Donned the Red Hat: 6/16/2019 - Wilmington, OH

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young." - Anonymous

"Blessed is the man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight." - Jeff Cooper

RedLeg

What a fantastic weekend!  Thanks to all the shooters for your great learning attitudes and perseverance through the little bit of weather we experienced.

That said,  :pics:, so here we go!

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

Longrifleman

Red Coats
                    Shooters  100 Yard   200 Yard   300 Yard   400 Yard   HS   Cleared
Saturday AM   6               4               2              1             1              0          0
Saturday PM   6               6               2              3             1              1          0
Sunday AM    6               6               5              1             0              3          0
Sunday PM    7               7               6              5             4              3          2

Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

RedLeg

More pics
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
We seek not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

"Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it." - John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 26 April 1777

RedLeg

Last round of pics

Corvette

Look like it was a great event and a great way to spend a father's day weekend. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!