News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

I-1639 Training Class

Started by CyberBill, June 14, 2019, 12:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CyberBill

I wanted to let everyone know that I created a website that offers I-1639 compliant training that is completed entirely online in about an hour for $20.  I'm doing an 'Early Access' deal right now until the 22nd where it is half off - $10 - and the certificate is good for the next 5 years.

The site is live at https://www.rifleclass.com

I've talked to the ATF, DOL, and the Attorney General's Office, and have gotten signed off by all of them that I can certify users.  The site using streaming video and audio, plus quizzes, and covers all of the topics that are required by RCW 9.41.090.

I know that a lot of instructors are going to get questions about the training requirement, and thought you might like some answers - so, the short of it is that so long as any training class teaches the topics required in the law, and is instructed by someone who is certified as a trainer (I am an Instructor In Training in Appleseed and NRA certified to teach basic rifle and home firearm safety), and can certify under penalty of perjury that the user has been instructed on those topics, they can give out certificates.

I'm happy to answer any questions!

Kimber Custom

I will not be making any semi-auto long gun or pistol purchases in WA state after July 1.  :'(

DevonErik

This is (100% - 80% =) 20% true for me.
1st Appleseed:            01/27/2017 - Eatonville, WA
Rifleman:                     02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
Cleared 1st Redcoat:  02/12/2017 - Port Townsend, WA
1st KD:                        03/10/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR
KD Rifleman:                07/13/2017 - Eagle Creek, OR

"Your level of accomplishment is what you did once. Your level of competence is what you can do all day, every day, and any day."

"Let a man never stir on his road a step without his weapons of war; for unsure is the knowing when need shall arise of a spear on the way without."