News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Arizona status report

Started by 1911Ron, February 02, 2009, 09:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911Ron

Ok here's the who, the what and the where in Arizona.  The who: AZGromit-Shoot boss/Instructor, AZRedhawk44-Instructor(soon to be Shoot boss?), Rumpshot-IIT, Tincan assassin-?, Wayne Conrad-IIT, NewAmerican-?, Lysander 6-IIT, Freerifleman-? , Chris Knox-? ( ? mark is for unkown desires or what you want to help with, i will change this when let me know what you want to do.)  Did i miss anyone? or job assignments?

The what: what we need, Instructors (ITT's-Instructors-Shoot boss) Range coordinator, Group coordinator(contacts Boy scouts,Home school orgs,4H and the like) Public relations( Gun show tables,News articles, Flyers and more) any more?

The where: Buckeye Hills, March 21-22,  Payson, April 18-19.  Any others comming up?

Comming up:  IBC-RBC?

What else?               

If you don't have a bucket(job) they are stacked over to the right, grab one(or two hint hint) and help bail.  1911Ron

**Good news good news** everyone has been promoted, please add to your job title: Appleseed promotions, please note job responseabilties go into effect right away and your raise will be reflected in your next check (soon as I get mine you'll get yours **))

1911Ron

Whoops forgot myself !@#) 1911Ron-State coordinator (waiting on my &)  **) ) also have made contact with cycletrash (Mike) from Tonopah and will see if he can host another shoot.  When do we need to schedule Ben Avery or Rio Salado for the fall?  Kingman, Grand Canyon, Yuma, Globe, Sierra Vista, Tucson?

My thought on shoots is in winter/cooler weather we have shoots in warmer climes and when warmer (hot) weather up north/cooler climes what say you?

Anything else? btw there are still buckets available(hint hint)   1911Ron

AZRedhawk44

Quote from: 1911Ron on February 03, 2009, 09:48:59 PM

My thought on shoots is in winter/cooler weather we have shoots in warmer climes and when warmer (hot) weather up north/cooler climes what say you?

Yep.  Kingman/Page/Flagstaff/Show Low for the May-September time frame, and Tonopah/Avery/Tucson/Buckeye for the October-April time frame.  Payson seems to fit either of those zones fine.... a bit cold for winter and a bit warm for summer, just right for April 19th and Constitution Day!

TinCan Assassin

My main desire is to get to an Appleseed, and I'm trying to get one set up in my quite literal neck of the woods. :) I'm to $%^$ broke to be driving all over AZ. :) I'm a National Guardsman, and I suspect you guys can help me score higher on the Marksmanship test.

What do you need from me?

AFAIK, that range is First Come, First Served, I don't know if it can be reserved or not. I just usually show up, shoot, clean up, and go home.

TCA
Free men do no ask permission to bear arms.

1911Ron

TCA I think we can help you, if you can make the Mar 7-8 get together we can discuss something up your way.  If you can't we still will talk about it.
On another note can you print up some flyers for the Buckeye Hills and Payson appleseeds and pass them out around your area if you can that would be great, Thanks. 1911Ron

1911Ron

I would like to welcome Excoach and apollo to the appleseed family, looking forward to meeting you both soon. 1911Ron

Excoach

Thanks for the welcome.  Look forward to seeing you at the range.  

Excoach

TinCan Assassin

Quote from: 1911Ron on February 04, 2009, 09:35:32 PM
TCA I think we can help you, if you can make the Mar 7-8 get together we can discuss something up your way.  If you can't we still will talk about it.
On another note can you print up some flyers for the Buckeye Hills and Payson appleseeds and pass them out around your area if you can that would be great, Thanks. 1911Ron

Sure, I can post some flyers. We have a community bulletin board for just that purpose. :)

As for going down to Buckeye for the ARIZONA Get together, I doubt I'll be able to make it. Hours have been short this winter due to few tourists. Will be glad to continue discussing getting up here though. Do you want my personal E-mail or how do you wanna communicate.

TCA
Free men do no ask permission to bear arms.

apollo