News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ORWELL GUN CLUB - JUNE 22-23 - Planning Thread

Started by Crazyduckhunter, June 12, 2019, 07:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

Looking forward to another great event at Orwell next weekend. June 22-23.

As usual I will be looking for help on Friday to set up. Starting around 16:30 - 17:00

The club now has a few AR500 steel targets on the 100 yard range. If anyone wanted to show up earlier and do some steel ringing before setup I could be talked into going down early for that.

We should have a few people camping out on site so we will need to make dinner plans for Saturday evening.

I will be bringing cabbage rolls stuffed with the hot/sweet sausage mixture in tomato sauce.

Bring your mud boots and tarps. The rain in Northeast Ohio just continues......

cwcdl79

I'll be there, and can help a bit with setup.
I'll come up with something to contribute for dinner.
Let me know what poi.

Crazyduckhunter

GMJOE is going to bring a side dish (potato salad or something like that) and some rolls for dinner Saturday evening.

cwcdl79

I'm thinking of some oven roasted vegetables...or a salad. Either one.

Texas T

LawOH (Bryan) will not be able to join us for the event. I won't be there for dinner on Saturday.

Dom, would you like to cover the second strike and a DOM? Ron is covering the first and I can take the third. He's covering Lamson as well, so I thought that you and I could cover the other two.

Ron said that the range is a soggy mess, with more rain expected, so we are planning on shooting from the pavilion. Really don't want to repeat the mud-bowl that we had in April. We'll adapt the targets to ensure that we are hitting the backstop.

Not wanting to have anyone too crowded, we capped it at the 7 that had signed up. We'll evaluate things and decide if we could set it up with 8 if we were to do it again.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

cwcdl79

I can cover 2nd, and Dom can do a DOM (I had to).

Crazyduckhunter

Update:
No one will be camping out at the range this weekend. No one else besides myself and GMJOE were going to and we decided there was no reason to camp out.

So instead of making dinner how about after we close the place down on Sat we go out to dinner locally. Either the A&W/Pizza joint in town or how about the new Mexican restaurant that I have been wanting to try. I have heard that its good.

Texas T will still be making breakfast both days.

I plan to be there before 7:00 on Saturday am.

I would like to cover IMC.

cwcdl79

I vote mexican....
At least then only my wife will suffer 🤣🤣