News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Lebanon CT., 8-9 June 2019

Started by TOMINCT, June 11, 2019, 10:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TOMINCT

Great weather accompanied our return to the Bozrah Rod and Gun Club this past weekend. This no doubt helped in a great turnout by all those involved.

After safety and getting the first redcoat fired we kept the class running at the drink from a firehose pace much of the day. A lot of time was spent sighting in, swapping scopes and building up cheek pieces on stocks for better sight alignment. The extra effort paid well with a very good increase between the am and pm redcoat targets. Redcoat results:

Sat am: 100, 9     200, 3   300, 1   400, 0.  shingle, 4
  Sat pm: 100, 14   200, 7   300, 4   400, 4   shingle, 4   cleaned, 2

Saturday also netted our first rifleman, Jeff, with a 231 score and a Distinguished patch to show for his efforts with metallic sights. Huzzah!  O0

Sunday started well with all but one shooter returning. More time was spent with those who needed individual attention and the results there showed in some very good targets and very satisfied attendees. Adrian made the cut with a 218 score using a biathlon bolt rifle. Several others made some leaps in performance by the end of Sunday, Alex with a 209, John 207, Julian 206, Madison 199, Dean 196 and Alex with a 189.

Scout74 told of the Dangerous older folks who made an impact that day, the attendees were very impressed by the actions of our forebears under those trying circumstances.

Sunday afternoon was also time for our KD lesson, 22 rimfires fired at 100 yds and CF rifles out to 175, the range maximum. Several were surprised that they actually shot better at distance, in MOA, then they had at 25M. It's always good to show what you learn at short range carries out to distance.

The shooters were a great group to work with, some were repeat attendees but everyone did better overall and we look forward to a some of those being repeat shooters in the future. Our junior shooters, Madison and Jack went the distance over the weekend.

The Bozrah Rod and Gun club did a great job. The range was ready, the breakfast and lunch they provided was looked forward to by everyone. The club really appreciates our being there and we are very happy to oblige them. We look forward to their hosting events in the future. Thanks to Bob and Ted for their efforts.

The IT crew has been working together for a while and knows the routine well. CAANY, Scout 74 and Paralax have done this several times in the past and it makes an SB's job go so much better.

We also cannot forget Campbell, for his first time out working as an IIT. He was RSO on one end of the line much of the day, attending to the shooters there. Great start Campbell!

And, we have a new Orange Hat in the area! Jeff has stepped up to help and we look forward to his expertise and assistance.

As always, a Rifleman persists.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Parallax

It was a very enjoyable weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/

scout74

Facilities and staff were great as usual! Spoiling the attendees with 5 star breakfasts and lunches! It was pleasure working with the Cadre. Congrats to Jeff on the distinguished patch and taking an orange hat, look forward to working with you on the line. Thank you to TominCT and Parallax for setting up and securing the dates. Thank you to Campbell and CAANY for working the line.

Scout74
10/22/16 Rifleman

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Thomas Jefferson
"You'll have noise soon enough,the regulars are out!" Paul Revere
"The first man who turns to run, I will shoot down myself.  Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean for a war let it begin here." Capt. John Parker

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/

Johnhalf

This was my first Appleseed and it was truly outstanding. The instructor team was first rate and there was nothing which ever caused me to feel uncomfortable or unsafe. The concepts were presented clearly and well. The instruction was always positive and never negative or derogatory. I felt like i found a bunch of friends. The attitude of the attendees was also outstanding. Everyone, from an older guy like me, to a young woman and her mom, were accepted and had a great time learning the fundamentals of marksmanship and the events surrounding the birth of our nation. Thanks you all so very much. I will be attending the August shoot and this time i will make rifleman in stead of missing by a few points! Practice, practice, practice.