News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Knob Creek, KY AAR - Jun 8-9, 2019

Started by Papa_Smith, June 13, 2019, 01:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa_Smith

When the weekend got started we thought we were going to need boats for the range because of all the rain. But as soon as we started the even on Saturday the rain stopped and did not start back up until the final shot was fired on Sunday.
This was not a large shoot, I think the rain scared a few people off but the three shooters we had on the line were great to work with and we ended up with 2 Riflemen out of the group.
Jim has been to several Appleseeds events in the past and shot a Rifleman score with a scope but he wanted to add to the challenge so he has been shooting iron sights the last few times attempting to reach the elusive 210 without magnification and this was the week he broke the barrier. The next step in for Jim to take the orange hat so he can pass on some of his experience.
Josh has been shooting for years but mostly from the bench and the sling was new to him but due to his humble nature and drive to get better he applied everything and shot a Riflemans score on his second AQT, I look forward to having Josh on the line in the future. I am also looking forward to getting an orange hat on Josh after another shoot.
Darla was great on the line and even though she came in with minimal experience she learned a lot and was excited to apply what she learned. Even though Darla was not able to shoot the second day she came back to hear the history and learn more about shooting.
This was a great shoot even with the rain and the shooters were awesome and I look forward to seeing them all in the future.