News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Douglas Wyoming APPLESEED AAR 08-09June2019

Started by M1bzrk, June 11, 2019, 02:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1bzrk

Well the weather was not June-like, but a great event.  Cold & windy - at one point I had on two shirts, my red hoodie and my Carhartt jacket to cut the wind.         

7 shooters, of which 3 were youth: Sophia and her dad Eric from Laramie, Logan and her dad Laramie from Rolling Hills, and Trace from Arizona and his grandpa Mike from Wheatland. Erik from Nevada once again showed us how it was done.
Laramie was our only new Rifleman, but the youngsters did well.  Trace persisted and improved.  Sophia hung in there with her AR and got better.  First-timer Logan
went from zippo to 154 on her final AQT! Keep at it and you will all earn your Rifleman patch.  You are our posterity!  Thank you all for coming.

Thanks to Brian & Adam and Fort Fetterman Sportsman's Association for hosting us.

Thank you, ITB for coming all the way from Michigan to run the shoot.  We all learned from you.
Thanks to the cadre: Erich, Barb, Shannon, Crystal, Nik, Eric, Rob and Steve - who'd I forget? Forgot to thank sleepy & colonial for showing up at the IBC/KD, so am sure I missed someone else.  That said, thanks to everyone, Instructors and students, for making this a safe, productive event.

LIBERTY!

PLEASE POST YOUR PICTURES!!

2019 WYOMING PROJECT APPLESEED SCHEDULE (remaining)

PINE BLUFFS    22-23 June    Appleseed   
GILLETTE        06-07 July    Appleseed       
LANDER        27-28 July  Appleseed
CHEYENNE     10-11 August    LADYSEED   
LARAMIE       16 August     RIMFIRE KD (One Day Event)      
LARAMIE       17-18 August   KNOWN DISTANCE   
RAWLINS      14-15 September    Appleseed                                 
SHERIDAN     14-15 September    Appleseed   
LARAMIE              02-03 November    Unknown Distance
LARAMIE              07-08 December    Winterseed!    

HapHapablap

I only took one pic, but it was of the best part of this shoot.

Do good, recklessly.

colonial shooter

"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana