News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Stockton, Illinois: 08-09Jun2019

Started by IXOYE, June 10, 2019, 04:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a great Appleseed at the Noller farm in Stockton this past weekend. Other than a few pesky gnats and some wind on Saturday I don't think we could have asked for a much nicer weekend.

Of our eleven shooters, three were existing riflemen who were hoping to earn their distinguished or 250 patches. Those awards are pretty elusive so only one person made it. Kudos to Joel for shooting a 237 with iron sights. Joe was knocking on the door. With a little persistence he will get there. Many thanks to Bob for stepping up and taking a Blue Hat! We look forward to the many ways you will help the Appleseed program!

We also added another rifleman to our ranks. Congratulations to David for being persistent and earning his rifleman patch by scoring a 215 on the AQT.

All the other first time Appleseeders showed great improvement in their scores and clearly demonstrated they have the drive and persistence to continue improving. I'm looking forward to seeing several of you earn your patches at a future event.

Our host has targets setup along the fence row so we had some additional fun on Sunday afternoon ringing steel at 200 and 500 yards with an AR and an M1. One shooter was ringing the 200 yard steel with his 10/22.

All in all it was a greet weekend and I very much enjoyed it. Many thanks to Tom for sharing his range with us and many thanks to Eric and Brian for helping to instruct. I'll post a few pictures in a follow-up later today or tomorrow.

Rex
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

Here are some pictures from our event.

This is most of our group on Saturday

Our new rifleman

One of our requalifiers - He was real close to earning his distinguished patch

Our new rifleman

One of our three requalifiers

Bob taking a Blue Hat!

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Bloodshot

A fun weekend, despite the gnasty bugs. Many thanks to Rex and Eric for running a great shoot, and to our host for providing the arena for our good time.
Big ups to David and Joel!  :beer:

For me, I'll keep at it and am confident I'll cross that Distinguished threshold soon--maybe even in a speed round. :))  Looking forward to returning next year (once I find something that actually works to repel gnats!).