News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Quarryville, PA - 2019-06-01

Started by mal, June 03, 2019, 09:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Writing now.  Please stand by...
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Pics of the line on Sunday
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Instructor JamesT treated the attendees this weekend with his Virginia-style Flintlock and allowed us all to take a shot.  This was, in a word, AWESOME!  Thanks James!

Unfortunately my phone was overheating while Bruce was on deck, but I did take a pic of him with his phone, so hopefully he will post it.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

And the instructors didn't hold back getting in on this rare treat either!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Jon was our first and most prolific Rifleman this weekend, hitting every number between 210 & 215 before capping out with a 219.
Buuut, his first Rifleman score was the legendary 210, so baptized with North Bridge Water he was!  Congrats, Jon.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

And Bruce managed to score Rifleman with a 211 right before our event concluded.  Congrats, Bruce!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

MrPainless

A great event, with stalwart students and a great cadre. The weather was warm and humid, so drinking water was a "must". Congrats to the new riflemen, and to those who were close, keep practicing the "6 steps" and steady hold factors, you WILL get that coveted patch with persistence!
Also, thanks again to JamesT for bringing that beautiful muzzleloading rifle for everyone to see and try, as it really brings home the difficulties our patriot founders had to deal with as they earned OUR freedom and liberty!
Looking forward to the next Appleseed event at Quarryville!
MrPainless

breadfan

Awesome event - thanks to all of the instructors and attendees for making my first Appleseed a great experience.

Hope to see everyone again next time  ;D

Ryan