News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Dorr, MI, June 1-2, 2019

Started by 3.Dogs, June 03, 2019, 05:40:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.Dogs

Appleseed weekends are always the best weekends.  We had a great time.  An excellent club with some really great shooters.  Despite the the thunderstorm and the rain everyone worked diligently to apply the lessons in marksmanship.   Groups got tighter and we saw some impressive scores on the AQT's that we shot in the later part of the afternoon with two earning the rifleman's score.  Sunday was warmer and less wet everyone just picked up right where we left off and we saw great improvement throughout the day.  Several of our shooters are not just knocking on the door but beating it with sledgehammers I look forward to each of you finally reaching a Rifleman's score.  Alistair you shot some impressive scores this weekend despite having some issues with your rifle.  I have no doubts that you will make Rifleman at the next event you attend.  I would also like the thank all of our shooters on coming out with an open mind and working so hard on learning the skills required of marksman. 

I would like to again congratulate our Rifleman from this weekend.  Jerry after five years of Appleseeds finally crossed that 210 threshold.  Matt I have had the pleasure of instructing at a few events in the past also finally made Rifleman.  Ryan and Berends who after scoring their first Rifleman's scores kept breaking through the 210 minimum,  Ryan with a bolt action and Berends scores just kept climbing I see some Distinguished patches in your futures.  Also a hearty well done to Josh for not only scoring Rifleman on Saturday scored a 241 on Sunday earning that Distinguished award.  Keep working at what you learned this weekend and I hope to one hear about or hand out to all of you that rare 250. 

I would also like to thank the South Kent Sportsman's Club for hosting this event.  You have a beautiful range, the staff was very friendly and welcoming.  I look forward to more events in the future.

Lastly I would like to thank my instructors from coming out this weekend.  SteelThunder even though you could only help out on Saturday as always it was a pleasure to work with you again.  Fidget you did a wonderful job this weekend and I would like to see you in a Red hat someday.  An finally Click once again it was great that you could help this weekend get some rest and Ill see you at the next event.
"Maybe we should call Burbs." - SteelThunder

warbladejm

Jerry Here, it feels good to finally hit the mark after many events trying but there is still much room for me to do better and plan to keep attending

I did also find it interesting to go full circle of my first event was April  21-22, 2015 with a Shootboss of 3.Dogs :)

SteelThunder

Nice!  Clearly you benefited from superior instructing on Saturday  ;D

5 Riflemen from 12 shooters.  Sweet!
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al