News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, TX AAR - June. 1-2, 2019

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, May 30, 2019, 06:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

scuzzy

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

10 shooters got off the couch and joined us on Saturday June 1st in College Station, TX.

We had more on the schedule and had heard of some tentative walk on shooters.

Our 10 shooters were enthusiastic and ready to shoot!

Bravo 5, myself and my RBC 11/07 alumni Sleepy Joe and didactic instructed.

The weather was very hot. The wind was very still - maybe 5 mph at most. When I had time to stop and look I saw that the clouds were not moving.

Despite the heat we had a good day of instruction and shooting.

Shooters were able to shoot 1 AQT that was run at the timed standards before we adjourned for the day.
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Sunday June 2 8 shooters returned to brave the heat. There was a little more of a breeze on Sunday and it was ocassionally overcast. I allowed canopies on the firing line to keep the shooters safe from sun. It was dang hot.

Bravo 5 and I instructed Sunday - we happy two.

Shooters persisted and went through at least 6 AQT drills before the day ended. I offered the shooters a 7th AQT but no hands raised to accept the opportunity. It was dang hot - I don't blame them.

Ladyseed Man Slave

Nate and his buddy Bill ribbed each other the whole time and made the rest of us smile.

Nate got to smile when he was informed that he made a 210 score on an AQT mid-day. We told him he HAD to do better or we had to dump him in the nearest body of water for that scathing edge score. Nate persisted and got 214 on the next AQT. HUZZAH!!!!!

Ladyseed Man Slave

Shooter Greg and his son Tyler performed very well. They obviously had some good instruction at their last event in San Antonio, TX.  O0

Late in the afternoon Greg crossed the threshold with 215 points on an AQT. HUZZAH!!!!!!

Tyler worked hard. I know at least one of his AQT scores was in the 190's. Youth like that make me proud.

Until next time - DRY FIRE!
Ladyseed Man Slave

Rustygun

flashcb

Thanks for putting on a great event, funny how I knew everything you went over, but could not get my extremities to do what my brain was telling them.