News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Florida has two new Orange Hats!

Started by Guntuckian, May 29, 2019, 01:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guntuckian

Our two newest Orange Hats from May 18-19, 2019 at Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club, in Palm Bay, FL, have chosen their forum names, and have registered on the Appleseed Forum!

Asa's forum name is Liberty SIREN.  (His family had a direct role in saving the Liberty Bell, and, for our modern age, a Liberty SIREN can sound louder and reach even more sleeping Americans than a Liberty Bell can!)

Hallie's forum name is Mrs. SIREN.

(And, I should add, there is an anagram at play, too!)

And, for those who don't know, Bear Arms is the proud papa of Mrs. SIREN, and Flier is Mrs. SIREN's brother.

And, of course, Bear Arms son-in-law is Liberty SIREN.

Please join me in welcoming our new Orange Hats!  Thanks for stepping up Asa and Hallie!

(Asa scored Rifleman on every AQT on Sunday:  211, 216, 236, 220, and 240;  earning both his Rifleman patch AND his Distinguished bar at this Appleseed event!  HUZZAAH!)

-- Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

Tennessee Beast

Congratulations!  Welcome to the Appleseed family! (pun intended)  ;)
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

TheMenace

Welcome to the team! It's been a joy to watch you all progress as you took your first baby steps and finally learned to run along the Appleseed trail. Congratulations!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Bear Arms

HUZZAH!!! I am so proud of you two!
2/17/2018 - First Appleseed
4/21/2018 - First Redcoat target cleared
6/16/2018 - Earned Rifleman patch and accepted orange hat
7/14/2018 - First IBC
8/04/2018 - First instructor only shooting development day
12/16/2018 - Earned red hat
3/30/2019 - KD Qualified
9/10/2022 - Rimfire KD qualified

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks." - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Texas T

Way to go! Love the family connection. Thanks for stepping up.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry