News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Borrowed LTRs?

Started by OldNorth, May 18, 2019, 12:15:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldNorth

Hello!

I'm going to be attending my first Appleseed in Monticello this June with my two oldest kids (8 and 11). We have one rifle setup as a Liberty Training Rifle. We have several family and friends that have offered up 10/22s to borrow, but they all have huge scopes and no sling (or a thick padded one).

I've reached out to the event coordinator to see if any are available to borrow.

If I end up borrowing from friends, any suggestions? Is it still beneficial with a scope? Maybe there's a way to temporarily add a sling?

Thanks!
1st Appleseed - Monticello, MN 6/29/19 [Rifleman]

"A free people claim their rights as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate." - Thomas Jefferson

Mrs. Smith

You can CERTAINLY take this course with a scoped rifle, my friend! Not detrimental in the least. The sling is a bigger deal,  but we at Appleseed have gotten purty good at improvisation.   We'll find a way to make it work!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Charles McKinley

If the slings are attached with normal studs it is an easy switch to a GI sling.

I'm an unapologetic optic shooter.  Just make sure you follow instruction and use a consistent point of aim rather than chasing your shots. 
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Schweddy B.

Bring the huge scoped rifle.

My rifle has a massive scope on it, both my daughters have large scopes also.

There is no shame in using a scope, some of us are old enough our eyes don't work well enough for iron sights.

See you in Monticello.

Schweddy
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/robertahe100989.html