Author Topic: Media Interaction opportunity - TOMORROW!!! In Southern New Mexico  (Read 680 times)

Online Mrs. Smith

• Deputy Ladyseed National Coordinator - NM State Coordinator
  • TANSTAAFL!
Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

I hope that some of you are checking in here despite the holiday. 

Looks like HotairBill, Grandpa Chuckie, and Lauren have landed, get this, 45 MINUTES of air time on a local AM radio program in Alamogordo NM.  One of the city commissioners hosts a radio show, and after Chuck had invited her to visit the Appleseed booth at the Sounds of Freedom event in Alamogordo on Saturday, she was intrigued enough to invite the three of them onto her show.

At 0700 MONDAY.

They will be doing three 15-minute segments, and plan to include some DOM stories, perhaps the 3 strikes in 3 minutes, etc, but some solid guidelines on what to say, and what NOT to say, would be helpful.  We've found some things here on the forum, but most of it is pretty dated, so we want to make sure there's not something new/different that they need to know before going on the air.

Guidance would be much appreciated.  :sos:

Best,
Traci
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Rifleman 5/29/16
Distinguished Rifleman 06/19/19 LADYSEED
KD Rifleman 10/20/19  KD Requal 10/04/20

Online Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
Re: Media Interaction opportunity - TOMORROW!!! In Southern New Mexico
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 07:30:30 PM »
can't seem to find the "three strikes in three minutes" copy - getting hundreds of hits on that search string  ::) ;D
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

Rifleman 5/29/16

Online Mrs. Smith

• TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 08:38:12 PM »
for those interested, the interviewer is Alamogordo City councilmember Nadia Sikes.  She hosts a show every monday called Community corner on Alamogordo station KRSY AM 1230

http://snmradio.com/krsyam/

MP3s of her previous shows are available to hears on the page

Rifleman 5/29/16

Online scuzzy

• Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC
  • Charter Pistol Instructor

• Senior Staff: IT
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2019, 09:25:21 AM »
can't seem to find the "three strikes in three minutes" copy - getting hundreds of hits on that search string  ::) ;D

https://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=55683.0
I just wanted to be left alone.