Author Topic: Building a "Massachusetts" Rifle  (Read 240 times)

Offline James_SB

• Instructor in Training
Building a "Massachusetts" Rifle
« on: May 06, 2019, 03:03:47 PM »
Hey there everyone - I know that it's better for dry fire practice for a student to use the real thing, but as a demonstration tool I feel like the MA rifle is really valuable.

I have a spare 10/22 stock that I'd like to build as one. I figure throwing a sling and a laser pointer on it is easy enough, but where did you get the fake trigger group? The one they used at the Piru Appleseed looked like it had a 3D-printed trigger group that clicked when pulled.

Offline lupis42

• designated Shoot Boss
Re: Building a "Massachusetts" Rifle
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 05:45:36 PM »
Mine was made by Nero, and he is still providing them here I believe: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Demo-practice-trigger-for-Ruger-10-22-stock/143172027225
You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.

Offline James_SB

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
Awesome, thanks. Got one ordered.

Offline Mrs. Smith

• NM State Coordinator
  • Shoot Boss
  • TANSTAAFL!
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 02:59:29 PM »
My demo rifles for events have the innards of a dog training clicker as a trigger. Lots of travel and a positive reset.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"I will accept the rules that you feel are necessary for YOUR freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Robert A. Heinlein

"I can kill you with my brain." - River Tam

Offline James_SB

• Instructor in Training
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 05:19:19 PM »
Update! Pic attached. Thanks all for the tips.