News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle Creek, MI AAR - Apr. 27-28, 2019 Patriots Day

Started by Click, April 30, 2019, 02:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Click

Over all it was a wonderful weekend for a Patriots day shoot in Battle Creek. The weather was a bit chilly in the morning but warm in the afternoon. I want to thank all of our shooters who make all the shoots possible. There was a huge amount of improvement throughout the weekend with all of out shoots. Saturday we started the day with no Morgan's Men and finished the day with 3 cleared Red coats and 8 Morgan's Men. Congratulations to our 3 new Riflemen Derek, Jon and Timothy Jr.. We also had quite a few more shooters that aren't just knocking on the door, they are hitting it with a sledgehammer. Matt, Timothy Sr. and Daria (first time shooter) all with great scores of upper 190's to just under 210. Just remember to keep practicing what you learned this weekend and you will get those Riflemen scores. After all a rifleman is persistant.

I would like to give a huge thank you to all my instructor staff who made this weekend a good shoot, you guys are the best. I would also like to thanks The Sportsman's Club of Battle Creek for hosting our shoot. Now I know there were some pictures of this weekend taken so lets get to posting the up for all to enjoy.

Rascal21

Hey all! Photos have been uploaded to the project Appleseed Michigan Facebook page, if you haven't noticed them already. :) I know some of you have.

https://m.facebook.com/MichiganProjectAppleseed/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1992749367501889&mt_nav=1&ref=bookmarks

Thank you all for coming out to the event and sharing your weekend with us. We couldn't have asked for a better group of shooters!

Hope to see you all again soon.

Stacy

MI-copperhead

It was great to finally be healed up and feel well enough to get out to claim an Orange hat. It is a moment that rivals my best day on the line shooting because I'm assisting others to find that place where it all comes together and they shoot a rifleman score.
Thanks to a great crew who helped get me up to speed and on the pathway to full instructor and earning a red hat.
Morgan's Rifleman 250 yard cold bore, 10/29/2022, Tusco Rifle Club, New Philadelphia OH KD/Rifle M1A w optics/Prone
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God ! I know not what course others may choose, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death ! " Patrick Henry
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than to those attending too small a degree of it. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here." Capt. John Parker
" I have'nt a man who 's afraid to go." Capt Isaac Davis
"I would say that the majority of Americans have no real sense of the value and the uniqueness of being a U.S. citizen.  Once they realize what they have, they are less likely to stand by while some politician attempts to whittle down their rights."  Troy a.k.a. solarguy