News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Custer, WA AAR April 27-28 2019

Started by maxwell, April 25, 2019, 01:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwell

Looking forward to a great Patriot's Day shoot at Custer.

maxwell

We started out three minutes ahead of schedule on Saturday, thanks to our great group of shooters who showed up early and got signed in. Instruction began with wind blowing around sand, shooting mats, and everything that wasn't nailed down, but we persevered. A thunder-hail-and-rain squall midafternoon gave a convenient break for the 3rd Strike, so shooters were rested for the first AQT of the weekend. In spite of damp and sandy shooting mats, Duncan repeated his Rifleman score from a prior event with a solid 217. Huzzah!

Unfortunately, we were down two shooters on Sunday, but weather was perfect: moderate temperatures, and sunny enough to dry out any gear that was still damp from the day before. Jason and Jay both shot solid Rifleman scores as first-time Appleseeders. Huzzah! Dean improved to knocking on the door with a 198 on the final AQT, according to my notes. Remember: a Rifleman persists, and dry practice will help you all stretch into those positions.

maxwell

We had a few camera-shy shooters, so I didn't take many photos.

Kimber Custom

Here are some pictures I took Sunday including our new Riflemen - https://photos.app.goo.gl/aBRESHGRMyvJpySs7