News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Sturgis, MI. April 19 & 20, 2019

Started by Graywolf, April 21, 2019, 10:53:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

What a great time we had at Sturgis, MI. for an actual Patriot's Day shoot!  This was a Friday/Saturday event which meant we were able to celebrate Patriot's Day on Patriot's Day!  We had 38 shooters, including several children and teens, in attendance on Friday.  All came with enthusiasm and teachable attitudes.  Event the cold, windy, and dreary weather did not dampen their enthusiasm.   In fact the similarity to the weather they had on April 19, 1775 made the day more impressive.  However, the weather did take a toll on Saturday as several shooters elected to stay home due to the cold.

Congratulations to Kevin, Jackie, Noah, Karl, Spencer, Bruce, and Jack on scoring Rifleman.  Well done.  We had a large number of shooters that scored in the upper 200's but could just not quite get over the goal. 

Congratulations to Devilkitty who passed his PCI.  Well done, sir!   Congratulations, also to Newellfranksii who took an Orange hat at the event.  (Rumor has it he is changing his forum name to "Sirius Grey" so stay tuned for changes.)

I would like to thank the St. Joseph County Conservation and Sportsman's club for hosting us.  The newly redesigned range was great and we appreciate them allowing us to use the facility.  Thank you also to my instructors without whom we could not have had the successful shoot we had.  Pictures will be posted to the Michigan Appleseed Facebook page so check them out.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.