News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LINK to Sign up for Appleseed Pistol Clinic at Matamoras PA

Started by StevenK, April 15, 2019, 06:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenK

Here's the link- https://goappleseednow.org/?event=milford-pa-appleseed-may-4-5-2019-pistol-instructor-instructors-only

Instructors-if you want to come up just send me a PM-we will make it work. The sign up situation is under construction. Pm Stevenk on the forum

malabar

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

drifter52

Steve-
Wait a minute.  Instructors and DSBs taking this course to learn how to teach the new program have to pay $60, as if we were"civilians" taking the course to learn how to handle a pistol?
I can see the reason for instructors paying the range fee if they're shooting, and I don't mind that, but having to pay $60 for the privilege of learning how to volunteer even more of my personal time is a bit much.
Let me know if this registration page is a mistake or if instructors actually have to pay for this and I'll think about whether I really want to do this.
-Rick

malabar

Agreed. We don't have our instructors pay for instructor boot camps.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

StevenK

Rich, PM me on this.
Quote from: drifter52 on April 16, 2019, 02:35:42 PM
Steve-
Wait a minute.  Instructors and DSBs taking this course to learn how to teach the new program have to pay $60, as if we were"civilians" taking the course to learn how to handle a pistol?
I can see the reason for instructors paying the range fee if they're shooting, and I don't mind that, but having to pay $60 for the privilege of learning how to volunteer even more of my personal time is a bit much.
Let me know if this registration page is a mistake or if instructors actually have to pay for this and I'll think about whether I really want to do this.
-Rick

Snow Snake

Very interested in the Appleseed Pistol Program.What about IIT's?Does this verbiage mean that after 60 years of gun handling,8 years USNR(Lt.Commander),and multiple pistol classes,that I'm can't  continue my Appleseed education because I'm not @ the right level of the hierarchy?
       Ken                      :F
Without Knowledge,Skill cannot be focused.Without Skill,Strength cannot be brought to bear and without Strength,Knowledge may not be applied.
   - Alexander The Great
"The other side of every fear is a freedom."- Ferguson
" Hey Mikey, I'm about to punch that time clock"-Lone Survivor

StevenK

Quote from: StevenK on April 15, 2019, 06:35:39 PM
Here's the link- https://goappleseednow.org/?event=milford-pa-appleseed-may-4-5-2019-pistol-instructor-instructors-only

Instructors- Contact me on the forum if you intend to attend. sign up to attend if you intend to attend.  I have been given a coupon code for instructors. I'll give you the code-I can't post it in public.