News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Quarryville, PA - 2019 Apr 6-7

Started by mal, April 13, 2019, 01:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

Sorry guys!  I said I would get this up around Tuesday night, but it has been an absolutely terrible week on the mal homestead.  Life gets in the way, sometimes. 

That said, last weekend was a beautiful weekend to talk riflery and history.  Carlo took the Shoot Boss reigns and did a great job keeping us all on task.  And despite his fondness for waxing on elaborately, he even managed to keep us on schedule!   ;) 

Everyone did a great job keeping the line safe.  Thank you for that.  And, looking at the redcoat numbers particularly, everyone made significant improvements to their shooting skills.  Saturday morning, only 50% qualified at any range on the redcoat.  By Sunday eve, everyone qualified at least at 100 yards, with 3/4 of shooters qualifying at 300-400 yards.  Great job guys!  I believe this is has to be one of the largest improvements for an entire class I've seen in years. 

As of this moment there are still 7 spots open for the May event, so sign up now!  Quarryville as no problems selling out its small roster.  Hope to see you all again!

mal
~
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Group photo, left-to-right:
Instructor Dave, Ben (kneeling), Jason, Curtis, Collin (kneeling), Sean, Stephan, Instructor Carlo, Steve, Instructor Norm, Philip & Joe.
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Carlo instructing the KD lesson
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Joe scoring Rifleman at his 2nd event.  Congrats Joe!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Sean scoring Rifleman multiple times as well as clearing the redcoat and acquiring our PA 1st Rifle patch.  Well done Sean!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Steve, our 3rd Rifleman this weekend.  Nice job Steve!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

If we had a patch for best steady-hold factors, it would certainly go to Ben.  His SHFs in every position were impeccable, but every time I thought to capture a pic he finished shooting!
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

mal

Couple pics of shooters on the line.
~Malcontent

~ Thomas Jefferson

~ John Adams

MrPainless

To Mal, Dave, and Norm, special thanks for making my first go-around of pseudo shoot boss go so smoothly. You gentlemen make it effortless.
It was def. a good weekend, and we're going to have even more this year!
A happy Patriot's day to all, and may we be truly worthy of the sacrifices our founders laid down for us to be free!