News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Jonesville, VA April 6-7, 2019

Started by CokeGuy, April 08, 2019, 09:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

Even though we only had six shooters in Jonesville, they were a very dedicated group of individuals! Not only did (William) Carter earn his Rifleman patch (227), but he also took an Orange Hat! Huzzah! And he shot a bolt action no less; therefore taking the forum name of "Bolt gun Bill". Jason worked hard with his iron-sighted 10/22 and shot Rifleman scores not once, but twice (211/223) at this, his first Appleseed event. We cruised through the day with such cooperative shooters that we were able to also incorporate a "Memorial Volley" in late afternoon and distribute April 19th patches to all. On day two, with only three able to attend, HazMatt1 was also able to re-qualify with a very respectable 231. Gabe, it's just a matter of time, my friend. You were just a shot away with a score of 206! Kristen, you were such an inspiration to us all. With a new rifle which wanted to not drop the mags, and a scope that would not hold zero, you persevered and continued to practice proper shooting positions and the Six Steps throughout. Fortunately, the severe thunderstorms faded into only a few occasional light drizzles. What a fun group to work with! And you guys shared some of your family Revolutionary ties with us as well.  HazMatt1, you certainly passed your SBiT1 with flying colors even after spending half of Saturday night tending a large (50 acre) forest fire. Matthew, you made great progress; keep up the good work. Hope to see all of you again soon!

JohnnyDiesel

What a great weekend! It was a fantastic program with excellent instruction! We're glad we were able to attend our first Appleseed in such a beautiful setting and with such wonderful instructors. Thank you for being patient and willing to take time with a new participant in riflery. Even with all the issues she encountered she still is talking about qualifying next time out. We're already preparing for our next event! I know I can speak for both of us when I say we appreciate the core values of the Appleseed Project. You both projected and represented those values with vigor. This weekend further opened my eyes to the sacrifices made to truly secure the liberty we take for granted every day. Thank you again and may God grant us the fortitude to answer the call to sustain our liberty just as those before us did so unselfishly. J

Bolt gun Bill

Thanks to all for another great Appleseed event.  I was so glad to finally get my rifleman score and also that it was with two of the same instructors that helped work the first Appleseed event that I attended in 2014.  Looking forward to being able to work with and learn from more great Appleseed Instructors!

JohnnyDiesel

Bolt Gun,
Congrats to you! Way to run that bolt, and kudos for having the dedication to take the next step! It was an honor to be on the line with you.