News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Summerville, GA April 6-7, 2019 AAR Ladyseed

Started by T.J. 8, April 08, 2019, 02:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.J. 8

If our aim is to teach people to be field shooters, then these ladies got the full treatment this weekend! In addition to learning how to deal with rifle malfunctions quickly and efficiently, these fantastic ladies dealt with:
An uphill climb with equipment to get to the range   :bow:
Soggy, muddy ground that kept feet and legs wet all weekend :(
Cool, damp mornings that turned into hot, humid afternoons :slap:
Shooting at an uphill angle :~
Ornery, wayward blades of grass blocking their sight picture in prone  :wb:
Bees, gnats and fire ants
Pollen...so much pollen  #)
A fly over by Canadians...geese that is  ;D

All of which they did with smiles on their faces and perseverance!  ^:)^

By the end of the weekend, we would have 2 new riflemen: Shannon with a 221 and Kay with a 211. This being Shannon's 2nd Project Appleseed, she stepped forward to take an orange hat!  ^:)^ Kay and Cindy would also volunteer to begin the journey as blue hats in our Applecore program. :bow:
It was a joy to see mother and daughter come out and shoot together. Patty and Amanda, we look forward to seeing on the line again! :)

As this is April, we concluded the event with a memorial volley in honor of those who made the ultimate sacrifice for Liberty on April 19th, 1775.

As always my gratitude to our shooters for coming out and it was an honor and a privilege to share the weekend with such a wonderful group of patriots. :1luvu

My thanks to Wayne, Pat and the Chattooga County Wildlife Club for all the HARD work you all do in getting the range ready and your continued support of Project Appleseed.
Headshot Heather and Corgi Mom, you ladies rock! :bow:

Pics to follow

Cleveland

The highest level of mastery is simplicity. Most information is irrelevant and most effort is wasted, but only the expert knows what to ignore. James Clear

Rifleman 19April2015
KD Qualified 17Oct2015
Pistoleer™ 12Dec2020
KD Requal 11Nov2021 50/50
Pistol IBC/Charter Pistol Instructor Antioch 2-22
200y RKD Qualified 14May2022

Roswell

Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

CorgiMom

Shannon, Cindy, Kay, Patty, Amanda, it was a privilege to work with you at this Ladyseed! I was so impressed with your determination and perseverance, especially in the face of such challenges! I am super excited to work with Shannon and fully expect to see her in a red hat one day! And I know our new blue hats, Cindy and Kay, will both be an enormous asset to Project Appleseed! Patty and Amanda, it was awesome to see y'all come together to your first event, work hard, and have fun, saying you'll be back. I hope so!

You are all Ladies of Liberty in my book!
CorgiMom
Rifleman and KD Qualified 19Apr2018
KD Re Qualified 15July2018
KD Re Qualified Distinguished 04Nov2018
IBC Canton 1-19
Red Hat 13Apr2019
25M Re Qualified 02May2020
IBC Canton 2-21
IBC Antioch 3-21
25M Re Qualified 17April2021

SarahConnor

Thank you Ladies of Liberty! T.J.8, CorgiMom, Headshot Heather! It was an honor and pleasure...I'm still very excitedðŸ'ƒðŸŽ‰!  Looking forward to many more future endeavors... learning, training, teaching! 🇺🇸🎯. Thank you all so very much for your time and dedication to Project Appleseed! 😍 XO SarahConnor (Shannon)

PatriotNurse

Heartfelt thanks to Terri, CorgiMom and Headshot Heather for their time and guidance through last weekend's Ladyseed!  :1luvu We all had a blast, made new friends and strengthened our dedication to liberty and continued freedom! Looking forward to working with you all, and others, in future events!!  :F