News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kingman, Az AAR April 6-7, 2019

Started by pennys dad, April 07, 2019, 11:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pennys dad

It has been awhile since David and I worked an Appleseed in Kingman and this one did not disappoint; Nature smiled on us and gave us a nice weekend in Arizona, not to hot, not to windy and plenty of ammunition. It was a great weekend.

We had 6 great students that were eager to participate. We got through the safety briefing with full participation, and from there it was full seed ahead!

We had a few usual equipment gremlins, an AK sling failure, an AR barrel key holing, sling changes, and 10/22 extractor failure. Typical equipment gremlins, however, as good Patriots we persevere, and even though we couldn't fix everything we found ways to adjust.  By lunchtime most of our equipment issues resolved and the team was moving forward.

History went well. April 19th, 1775 teaches us that together Americans can overcome. That when we come together, even for one day we will overcome. That it isn't the powerful or rich that overcome, but the normal everyday person. A farmer, a blacksmith, a Pastor, a Doctor, families, Wives and husbands it is Us together, focused and motivated that move a nation. April 19th is a time that defined so much, I am always honored to tell the history. Our team listened and I hope the seed takes root.

By the afternoon we had three re-qual's in the books.  Our equipment was settled and our groups started to shrink. NPOA was a bit elusive for some but group sizes were consistent and repeatable.
Sunday we warmed up, refreshed and got back to business. We added one on one review of NPOA, green coats and of course AQT's. We had three students working towards the distinguished patch, but 237 was close as we could get. We added a 4th re-qual to the patch list, an entire class scoring three hits on a redcoat, a respectable 177 first time student and two solid days of hard won knowledge.

Most important, this weekend 6 Americans learned about April 19th 1775 and heard that it is the everyday American that makes a difference. I Thank God for the opportunity to serve, thank you for having us.

HNHArmory

Glad Kingman treated you well. I'm sure you and David gave a great Appleseed and enjoyed working together again. Looking forward to the pictures.
"...why are there 30 caliber holes in my target, Bryan?"

pennys dad

Mercedes

How often are events held in Kingman?  We have relatives there and I would love to introduce them to our wonderful program.

Debbie

pennys dad

Quote from: Mercedes on April 08, 2019, 10:05:49 PM
How often are events held in Kingman?  We have relatives there and I would love to introduce them to our wonderful program.

Debbie

Probably 3 regular and 2 advanced.