News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Baconton, GA AAR (Southwest Georgia Shooting Association) 30 March 2019

Started by goose, April 03, 2019, 12:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose

With no pre-regs, we still came prepared.

Our alternate plan, Greg, Steve, Ben and I, was to work on our own marksmanship.

After the Safety Briefing, Greg, Steve and Ben each took turns verifying a 25 yd zero, then we posted silhouettes at 200 and 300.  The range has a 425 steel target, but no ability to post a paper target.  The necessity to hit consistently at 25 yds becomes clear at 200 and 300 yards.

The day ended with Ben putting 9 of 10 on paper at 300.

Perfect weather.  I sincerely appreciate the Instructors devoting time to participate in spite of no students.

As a note in closing, I took a new Rifle, zeroed a scope at 25 yds (big adjustments:  On 1/4 MOA turrets, 132 down and 24 left), using BSZ I then put 3 of 3 on steel at 425.  Appleseed made this possible.  Everything is important every time.

-goose
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

Lucky Lori

Sometimes no shooters showing up for an appleseed event makes it more fun for instructors since they get to shoot. Looks like you all had a good time shooting, good for you.