News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Vortex Scope - COBRA

Started by Cadence, April 01, 2019, 07:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadence

Check out the new offering from Vortex - I wonder if we can get an instructor discount?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fw3ESuZkCig
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Tennessee Beast

Sure, but only on April Fools day.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

The Wolfhound

I can see most of those features coming in the next 5 years.  It is not really that outlandish for a scope to correct by voice.

goodoldfriend

But can it do the math?

Guess it will have to have a built in laser range finder.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Cadence

I don't doubt we will see something voice activated in the future, plus someone will develop a phone app. I believe that there is a Barret system with a laser range finder incorporated into the scope that would send the bullet downrange at the appropriate aiming point.

Still a good April Fool's video that had me wondering until they got the "Siri" questions. This was as good as the "bullet cam" video last year.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams