News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chaseburg Wisconsin, March 30-31, 2019

Started by martin, April 01, 2019, 12:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin

After a long winter, we were excited to be doing our first Appleseed event of the year and we were equally excited to be going to Chaseburg Wisconsin at the Chaseburg Rod and Gun Club. This club is along the Western side of Wisconsin adjacent to the Mississippi River and is set into a valley, but the real treat is the hospitality of Dan 1 and Dan 2 and the club. 
We started Saturday morn with the safety briefing , followed up by the RedCoat, and went into the warm club house for the First Strike of the Match. By the afternoon Adam became this event's first Rifleman.
On Sunday, 7 students returned even though it was still blustery. Adam's brother, Grant started the Rifleman parade by shooting a 235,,,with a bolt action 22.  Adam continued to improve and shot a 245 later. Not to be outdone, Grant came back and shot a 247 with,,,,,,,yes, a bolt action Savage 22.Amazing!
Their friend, Zeb kept knocking at the door by shooting 2  208s in a row, then a 209. He perservered and then shot a 211.
This was Anthony's first Appleseed and he took the instruction to heart. Always improving, he shot a 212 Sunday afternoon.
Finally Heather. I first met Heather last year when she attended her first Appleseed as a beginning shooter. She always paid close attention to both the marksmanship instruction and the history. I was glad to see her return and was very glad to see her get her Rifleman patch on Sunday afternoon. She never quit.
So, the final talley was 5 out of 7 students got their Rifleman patch with 2 knocking on the door.

Finally let me say thanks to our instructors, RustyRed, Dan 2,and also congratulations to Dan 1 on becoming a shoot boss.
Thanks also to the Chaseburg Rod and Gun Club. Always a pleasure to be there!

Pictures will follow.         
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

Trisha

This sounds like a great way to start 2019 in Wi!! Congrats to the riflemen! And also a big congratulations to Dan1!

Dan 1

Thanks to Trisha, Colycat, Martin,Rusty Red,  Cooper, Mike, Old Glory, Koshusko, and countless others I have forgotten along the road.  I really couldn't have done it without you  I am humbled to be included among your ranks. I look forward to seeing you all again along the trail
And I almost forgot Aftermath and Ahhshoot and Reckless Rick

Was feeling nostalgic so I looked up stats for my first Appleseed   LaCrescent Minnesota 2009    thanks vmt193, Aftermath , Mogget, Whiskers   for starting me out on the right path

Dan 1

Just for an update ,the two shooters on Sunday who didn't shoot a rifleman score      both of them were already patch holders   my daughter Megan got her patch in 2012  and I believe Kevin got his last year

martin

I forgot to mention that, thanks Dan. Mechanical issues held them both back.
How about some pictures!
Martin

Now the Lord is that Spirit:and where the Spirit of the Lord is,there is liberty. 2Corinthians 3:17

Seek the Truth

"We in America do not have a government by the majority-we have a government by the majority who participate....All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"
-Thomas Jefferson

martin

The Redcoat paid a price this weekend!
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

2 Distinguished patches !
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

martin

Congratulations to all our Rifleman!
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

SIGSauerKraut

martin

Quote from: SIGSauerKraut on April 11, 2019, 05:33:17 PM
You get to go INSIDE to eat?!  ~~:)

OH Yeah,,,,if you ever get the chance to go to Chaseburg, go. Dan1 and Dan 2 will treat you right!
Martin

Seek the Truth

-Thomas Jefferson

RustyRed

Congratulations to Dan1 new shoot boss ^:)^ ^:)^
I want to say thank you for the great warm food on those cold days was wonderful
It was sure a great event  :F  :~ :---
Congrats to all the new riflemen ^:)^

Cyclone336

This was a great event - thanks to everyone who made it possible.  I had never been to an Appleseed before, but I will have to come back to another one - I want to earn that 250 rocker.
-Grant

Dan 1

Congratulations Grant   Look for the next Appleseed at Chaseburg September 28,29.  Remember to bring a friend or two