News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Staffing Patriot's Day events

Started by PHenry, March 21, 2019, 05:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

It's commin up fast and we need all hands on deck. If you are not already signed up to work a PD event - you're not doin it right! Pleeeese - look over the roster of PD events for understaffed events with high attendance numbers. A fine example would be the Hernando event with 36 shooters signed up and only one instructor and a shoot boss.

Let's Roll!  :--- :--- :---
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ScubaSteve

I am holding out hope that Myakka attendance will increase. If it does not I will be in Hernando to help out.

308LIBERTY

Edit: 3/26
Looks like I have to head back out to Texas within the next couple weeks. :(
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

2wheelDuke

Just to be clear, these are the April 27-28 events right?

malabar

Quote from: PHenry on March 21, 2019, 05:00:18 PM
It's commin up fast and we need all hands on deck. If you are not already signed up to work a PD event - you're not doin it right! Pleeeese - look over the roster of PD events for understaffed events with high attendance numbers. A fine example would be the Hernando event with 36 shooters signed up and only one instructor and a shoot boss.

What he said!
O0
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

malabar

Quote from: 2wheelDuke on March 22, 2019, 07:18:25 PM

Since Partriot's Day doesn't fall on a weekend, we tend to be flexible about the date. We'll send out PD shootboxes for any shoot in April.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

TheMenace

Quote from: 2wheelDuke on March 22, 2019, 07:18:25 PM
2wheelDuke, The answer is yes. Although, your April shoot qualifies.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Cold Warrior

The previous weekends are Palm Sunday and then Easter Sunday, so that's why Patriot's Day events were pushed back in most states.

I'll be in Bunell. Good luck everyone.  :cool2:
Hey Palm Bay crew, sorry, I won't be there. You guys are wonderful to work with!  O0

FL Cadre Rocks!!

V/r

Dave Kyser
"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of the Appleseed mission, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember citizens, that you are free men and women, fighting for the blessings of Liberty; that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like Riflemen." ~ GW & Fred

Minutemom

Ugh, why does everything have to be at the same time?!  Guys, I have my 30 YEAR high school reunion that same weekend!  Sadly, I won't be able to be on the line  :'(.  I'll be there in spirit tho!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

AJ Gonzales

I'm signed up for manatee but will go to Hernando to help the extreme attendance imbalance if needed.
Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

TomM1Thumb

PHenry, If You do not mind I would Enjoy Helping out at Hernando, for the Patriots Weekend Shoot on April 27-28. Let Me know and I will sign up.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

stoneknives

Quote from: AJ Gonzales on March 27, 2019, 12:13:55 AM

I'm signed up for manatee but will go to Hernando to help the extreme attendance imbalance if needed.

But we have BBQ on Sunday   ;D
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

AJ Gonzales

Quote from: stoneknives on March 27, 2019, 06:44:58 PM
Quote from: AJ Gonzales on March 27, 2019, 12:13:55 AM

But we have BBQ on Sunday   ;D

Trey, unless you have a counter offer....
Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

PHenry

I just checked. HSC is now at 42 - just three away from sold out. The 200M line can actually handle more, but I am still at three instructors, plus myself so not a good idear. We git a lot of kids at HSC and they often need more "personal" attention.

As to BBQ - nope. No dancing girls neither. Tammy has retired, but they are still running the kitchen and she trained them so should still b good food, but no BBQ.  :wb:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

PHenry

HSC is now at 45 - sold out and I just agreed to take three more for Sunday only that are not on the books. Considering pulling the cap, as I know the line will hold 60+, if we go into the sand and use pop ups.  :---

I will send out email today to old friends for more hands to clear the lines - time for plan B.  O0

ScubaSteve

You might want to reach out to Denise (Lady gator).  I put her with another shoot boss last weekend to learn to clear the line. She did well and did the job all day Sunday.

If I ask she will say no. She likes you better.   :)

Steve

PHenry

and I assumed you two was a package deal.  :wb:

She's one of the best dang admin peeps I have ever seen - gotta have her!

ItsanSKS

TAMMY RETIRED?!

I expect you're going to have a bit of trouble gettin instructors to man that line.  She definitely made that venue worth attending.

%)

Glad to hear you've got a sold out event on your hands!
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

PHenry

The kitchen has been taken over by a woman Tammy trained, but I'll be bringing my lunch for both days - JIC. Will reccee the new staff and maybe go back to my standard chix sand if all looks good.  ^-^

Tammy put in a lot of years at HSC and she will be sorely missed.