News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Jeff Cooper words of wisdom from www.survivalblog.com

Started by DNT...Death N Taxes, January 28, 2009, 12:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DNT...Death N Taxes

Jim's Quote of the Day:  www.survivalblog.com

"Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them."

- The Late Col. Jeff Cooper, To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth

'nuf said...
Never forget, even for an instant, that the one and only reason anybody has for taking your gun away is to make you weaker than he is, so he can do something to you that you wouldn't let him do if you were equipped to prevent it. This goes for burglars, and rapists, and even more so for politicians.

Just because you're not out looking for a fight doesn't mean a fight isn't out looking for you.

Colorado Pete

Amen!
The Colonel had a good many words of wisdom. I still mourn his passing.
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

SGTCap

Quote from: Dr. Prepper on January 28, 2009, 12:23:52 PM
Jim's Quote of the Day:  www.survivalblog.com

"Hoplophobia is a mental disturbance characterized by irrational aversion to weapons, as opposed to justified apprehension about those who may wield them."

- The Late Col. Jeff Cooper, To Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth

'nuf said...

If you havent read that entire book, its really worth picking up.

I am not a big reader to say the least but I read that shortly after I got out of HS and I loved it.  I dont know how many hands its passed through since then but everyone I've loaned it too has enjoyed it as well.

Colorado Pete

SgtCap, try "Another Country" and "Fireworks" as well.
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper