News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Blue hat

Started by CountZero, March 12, 2019, 03:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountZero

What does a blue hat do? Any links for information available?

Thanks!!

Corvette

CountZero,

Blue Hats in Appleseed are volunteers that do not want to become instructors but want to help the program.  They assist at our events with registration, coordination of waiver signatures and when certified, can work the line as an LSO helping us keep our events safe for our shooters.  They can help with other administrative issues such as managing web sites, working with our host ranges and helping the State Coordinator with promotional projects such as working gun show tables, distributing tri-folds and other activities. 

If you are interested in becoming a Blue Hat, that would be fantastic.  Let me know.

Corvette, Ohio State Coordinator
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

CountZero

Rascal21 sent me a message with information. It sounds like something I can help with so I sent response asking what the next steps are. See what I can do to help

Going full instructor.. I'm just not sure about that, I don't think I have the experience to be telling anyone else what they should or should not do behind that metal stick. I've grown up around them and such, but it was always just a wall hanger, we never actually made them go boom.

Looking forward to seeing what I can do to help. I'll be at the meeker KD coming up in a few weeks. Looking forward to putting on my student cap again and see what all this is about.

Thanks!

Corvette

Sounds great.  Will see you at Meeker and we can talk more about the hat options.  See you there.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!