News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed Friendly Radio

Started by SamD, January 28, 2009, 12:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamD

Don't know how many of you Minnesota residents are radio listeners, but if you are, you could do worse than to tune in to 1280 AM. 

Might be that in a couple of weeks you'll be hearing an Appleseed friendly host. Say 8 Feb at 1900CST.
Maybe he'll join us here on the forum.   O0
Let's pray for his success in this endeavor.

Need him at an Appleseed soon too.

Sam

mooney

Quote from: SamD on January 28, 2009, 12:41:32 AM
Don't know how many of you Minnesota residents are radio listeners, but if you are, you could do worse than to tune in to 1280 AM. 

Might be that in a couple of weeks you'll be hearing an Appleseed friendly host. Say 8 Feb at 1900CST.
Maybe he'll join us here on the forum.   O0
Let's pray for his success in this endeavor.

Need him at an Appleseed soon too.

Sam

Sam,

What's the call letters for the station? I'd like to see if they let you listen over the internet, streaming, for us non Minnesotians?

Mooney
Mooney

SamD

Those call letters letters would be WWTC Mooney.
O0

hawkhavn

...and here's the homepage with streaming live radio link:
http://am1280thepatriot.townhall.com/

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mogget

Are we talking about the Northern Alliance?  And what's "the rest of the story," that is, how did this come about?

SamD

Mogget,
The only "Northern Alliance" I know about is the one I worked with in Afghanistan a few years back.

This is an regular talk show on that station.

The Host (who shall remain nameless until he comes on the forum) likes Appleseed, had heard me on the air.  He asked me to help him do the demo tape to sell the show, which I was happy to do. 
Any friend of Appleseed is a friend of mine.

The station in question is labeled as a "conservative" talk radio station.  I wouldn't know about that, I'm as liberal as they come personally (of course I'm educated and happen to know the meaning of the word ;D) and think they lean that direction.

IAC the host is a good guy, will be pressing Appleseed in MN for us and I think he is worthy of our attention.
Barring AD&D, I'll be his guest on 15 Feb.

Sam

Sam

AFTERMATH

That's awesome,

I'm going to have to drive around untill I can find some reception that day.

My first expirience with talk radio was on am1280.  I liked it.
Unfortunatly that was the only time I ever got reception.  :(
Must have been an atmospheric bounce or something.   ???

We could use a boost.(almost as much as the slacker-states to the west.)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

SamD

Ok folks don't forget to tune in to WWTC 1280 on your Am dial, this Sunday at 1900 local, "Beyond the Left right Paradigm" with Jeremy Payne (that's 7Pm in civvy time)

We will be having a Minnesota broadcast of Appleseed. A little history, a little commentary on efforts to get going in Minn..  I would appreciate it if you called in, and help this time.  You have a voice and a stake in the results so call in and tell the people or as I say in my sigline "Proclaim liberty throughout the land..." Appleseed style  O0

I see you posting but I want to hear my Appleseed brothers and sisters from Minnesota,
vmt193, sparks1, mooney, Mogget, Aftermath, Whisker and all the rest, and anyone undercover behind the "Cheese Curtain" come ooooooonnnnn dowwwwwwn  ;D

Sam

AFTERMATH

Well, I belive half of us might still be at the IBC in Baraboo. (I don't know what time it ends. ++))

Pehaps we could do a group call from there, that would be pretty cool. 8)

I will definately try.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

SamD

funfaler

Here is the info on this show:

JP's Beyond the Left Right Paradigm

Host: Jeremy Payne

On Air Today:
Time: 7 - 8PM
Days: Sun
Call: 651-289-4488

Let's give Sam some support and perhaps some soft ball questions.  Remember, keep it Appleseed, family friendly! 

This is not a venue for "ice berging", it is a great time and place to promote the program and get more folks involved.

ALSO:

It is RIFLE, not weapon

It is INSTRUCTION/TEACHING, not training.

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

Fred

And should we remember to point out that the only MN AS is "sold out"? Is there a later one on the sched we can direct them to?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Old Glory!

JP's Beyond the Left Right Paradigm

Host: Jeremy Payne

On Air Today:
Time: 7 - 8PM
Days: Sun
Call: 651-289-4488

Let's give Sam some support and perhaps some soft ball questions.  Remember, keep it Appleseed, family friendly!  

WI IBC attendees will accept the technical challenge to get us tuned in, even if we have to form a human AM antena.  Usually our AM reception goes down with the sun.   It will be great team building drill for the IBC!  We'll put the IL team in charge of it........3 Three man teams to hold up the sun, 3 Three man teams to form the antena, 1 team to call in.  (seriously, does satellite radio cover AM? anyone have satellite radio?)

CALLERS COULD MENTION
LODI, WI APRIL 18-19, 2009 Register soon before it, TOO, is sold out!
IT'S JUST A 2 1/2 HOUR, EASY, INTERSTATE DRIVE FROM WINONA

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

Mogget

WWTC 1280 AM The Patriot streams over the web.  I am listening to it now in my office at http://radiotime.com/station/s_23870/The_Patriot_1280.aspx   

I had to download something in order to listen via Firefox, so you might want to test your connectivity ahead of time in order to avoid missing the show while you fiddle with the bits and bytes.

I will be on the road on Sunday but if I've arrived by show time I'll call in.

Mogs

SamD

Last minute reschedule to an unknown date in the future :(

AFTERMATH

Pheww....
Although it's dissapointing that it's been rescheduled :'((especially to an unknown date !@#)), I would have missed it.... :-[

I got so caught up in the IBC that It completely slipped my mind. #)

Lets hope they get a new date scheduled....ASAP!!!