News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elk River IBC, Pelham, TN Feb 23-24

Started by CokeGuy, February 26, 2019, 04:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

We had a wonderful group of 24 from 5 different states gather at the Elk River Training Center in Pelham, TN for two days of honing the skills of volunteers for Project Appleseed! During those two days, the Appleseed way of dress, conduct, teaching marksmanship, and sharing of history were all explained, demonstrated and practiced. It is always a great pleasure to see, especially orange hats, all who participated improve their instructor skills and expand their knowledge of the Appleseed program. I sensed that all left with a renewed appreciation of why we do what we do. A review of Appleseed mission and guidelines, and exposure to new vignettes of our history and heritage, all help to re-kindle our enthusiasm for the program.

Huzzah to Monkey for being promoted to Senior Instructor! And to Kyle for accepting on Orange Hat and joining the Appleseed Family. Hats off to TN Beast for continuing to improve in all areas, and to Danielle and to all the others who braved the anxiety of presenting to your peers...we empathized with you all, because we have all been there. A great benefit of this multiple-state gathering was the opportunity to share our variety of experiences and ideas of what we have learned from the collective hundreds of Appleseed events which we have help conduct.  My special thanks to all of the Group Leaders for their patience and willingness to share their knowledge with their respective groups.

Thanks to all for your dedication and commitment that made Pelham 2-19 a successful Instructor Boot Camp.
CokeGuy

Tennessee Beast

We had a BLAST.  I learned so much.  I am anxious (excited really) to put the information into practice.  I thank everyone that had a part in making this happen.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

CokeGuy

BrotherPilot

Two thumbs up on this event!  Samantha and I had a great time, and got a good laugh from CINCHouse on our return when relating the story of the chorus of deadant deadant.  Really really good weekend. We learned a lot and will definitely make the IBC an annual 'must do.'
Jay
VA State Coordinator
540-855-4651
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."•Samuel Adams

SureShotSpartan

It was an honor to be in your company this weekend. I believe a very enjoyable time was had by all while we honed our craft. I look forward to seeing everyone again.......real soon!

S3
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

Nashville Stage

It's always good to be in the company of fellow Appleseeders. I had a good time, and particularly enjoyed meeting the cadre who traveled from out of state. Being able to trade stories, swap ideas & lessons learned is a wonderful thing. It's also great to have the time & space to practice & hone our craft, away from the distractions of the line, and among friends who are struggling alongside you. Encouragement is contagious, and the IBC brought together some wonderful encouragers.

An extra special thanks go to Everett & Rusty for putting this together for us. Your work is very much appreciated. I look forward to seeing everyone on the line this year!
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

sleepy

My hat's off to these dedicated IITs who are doing what it takes to be better instructors for the cause of liberty.

Black Knight

Everette, what a great weekend full of instruction,perfect practice and comraderie.  I am so glad that I came.  I feel that my skills on the line will definitely show improvement after attending IBC this weekend.  I could easily see how much work you put in to prepare for a successful weekend and I thank you for it. Thanks allso go out to Rusty for his assistance.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Missus Monkey

I had a wonderful time, despite my "GAH" moments in front of a group of amazing people. Although I wasn't stuttering as much toward the end of the 2nd day, the patience and encouragement from everyone meant so much. As was said throughout the weekend, "If you're going to make a mistake, this is the place to make." I bet you all didn't know, any more than I did, that that challenge was accepted. Thanks to all for such a fantastic weekend.
MM

"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine