News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tallahassee, Florida 27 Jan - 1 Feb 2019 RBC

Started by Engineer shooting, February 03, 2019, 06:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

RBC Tallahassee made a little nicer with our new shower house thanks to Timber Wolf.

https://actionforliberty.smugmug.com/Project-Appleseed/RBC-Isaac-Davis-Memorial/

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

rambo granny

Awesome job on the photo work Blind Dog and very fancy editing program artfully used! Thanks.

Ditto on the Timber Wolf shower house.

To say "a good time was had by all" may well be the biggest understatement of the year!
Thanks especially to hosts Ken & Lori as well as cooks and logistics magicians Todd & Joe.
Our surprise budding fife player was cool too. Thanks for sharing! Look forward to seeing what you do with the fife in the future.

Here's a link to a less than 3 minute short "campy" video for your amusement.
Lots of good giggles 🤣 and good shootin'  :---

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hpmjywws5cirx5e/IDMR%20BOOTCAMP.mov?dl=0

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

B.C.

Great times once again. I was pleased to spend 4 days at the IDMR this year. The company couldn't be better anywhere else! Special thanks to Todd, Joe and Ken.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

PHenry

O0

Always a pleasure. Such a great venue hosted by great Patriots!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

sleepy

With all of the cold weather gear in the pics, seems you guys had your own Winterseed!

Wish I was there, hope to be again some day.

308LIBERTY

For all of us "Sunshine Patriots" (which has a completely opposite meaning here in FL), it might as well have have been a Winterseed.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

rambo granny

RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Marquis de M

Once again an indelible memory of awesome days has been created   :)

Thank you Lori for most graciously hosting us all once again...! Thank you Lori and Ken for having had the long term vision to create the IDMR. Thank you for your generosity in all respects!

Thank you to Joe and Todd for once again not just "making food" for us but for providing us Haute Cuisine in the forest! Your service to us all is more than appreciated!

Thank you to TimberWolf for having provided us with luxury away from home! A hot shower bath house in the middle of the woods - priceless!

Thank you to all Instructors for every single thing you do - you make this all happen!

:F
---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

Cable___Guy

My MVP vote goes to Tim, I felt like a Brand new man after those showers. 5 gal of HOT water seems to go so much quicker then 5 gallons of cold water.

:F
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

KawGirl

This is what 400 yards looks like..... Now I get it.

:snipersmi  :snipersmi
KawGirl's Signature - - - - -                            
1st Appleseed  - 04/16/2016 - Clearwater, FL
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

JustKim

Another great week+ at the IDMR!!  Great shooting - Great Food - Great Family and Friends!  Congrats to the first-time known distance qualifiers!  Thanks to Tim for the awesome shower house and of course Todd and Joe for the fabulous meals.  I had a blast and look forward to the next RBC at the IDMR!!  Nice videos Bill and Janet!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Timber Wolf

Terrific week, as per usual at the IDMR.  Thanks to everybody for their contribution to a fine time.  Pearl sure misses y'all, she started her diet yesterday. :'(   

Minutemom

Sounds like a fantastic time!!  Awesome job to all involved.  I'm determined to make it one year soon!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

goose

You have to experience the KD from a physical perspective to appreciate an ENGINEER figuring out how make it Simple and Precise!  All those previous KD's sprinting, running, walking, golf-carting, and tailgating back and forth to the target line to check sighters and then firing after "knob twiddlin'" just to see some results.

I was LMAO today thinking about "knob twiddlin'", and the stoic Ken explaining how that is just crazy talk.

ALL of you extraordinary people gave me a Three Day Pass that is an unforgettable experience.  I really look forward to next year and the whole immersion.

Thank the Good Lord that such wonderful and exemplary people exist that know what they are about.  It was an honor to be in your company.

-goose
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, and intolerable..." - H.L. Mencken

PHenry

I was slow to accept it, but only hits count - only results matter. ACOG and RamblinWreck's first KD got me started. Ken cinched the deal. Zero at 25M. At 100 & 200 - hold at base of D. 300 hold dead on V ring. At 400 hold at top of the D. Watch what happens. I've seen it time and gain - beats the know twiddlers every time.  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

gunjunkie

This is always my most anticipated event of the year. It never fails to deliver on quality instruction, stories (history and others) great food and the best company you can find.
Thanks Ken and Lori you are fantastic hosts, Joe and Todd you exceeded all expectation and Tim you are the MAN, that shower rocks.
I look forward to next year and doing it all again.
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

KawGirl

RBC 2019 ...... Mass quantities of picts for y'all
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

KawGirl

the new showerhouse
O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    

Ramblin' Wreck

Yep, BSZ works as advertised out to 400 yards. No worries about RTZ all day. Doesn't work as well when you shoot stage 4 at 600 like we do in Talladega. We had some guys with ACOG's shooting their holdover stadia two weeks ago with pretty good results though.

Looks like a great event. I need to get down there sometime. HUZZAH!!

See you on the line.

Ramblin' Wreck

Quote from: PHenry on February 08, 2019, 12:35:13 PM
I was slow to accept it, but only hits count - only results matter. ACOG and RamblinWreck's first KD got me started. Ken cinched the deal. Zero at 25M. At 100 & 200 - hold at base of D. 300 hold dead on V ring. At 400 hold at top of the D. Watch what happens. I've seen it time and gain - beats the know twiddlers every time.  O0
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown