News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Finding the time

Started by CountZero, February 25, 2019, 05:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountZero

Just wondering how all you instructors do what you do! I'm impressed when I look through all of the trips you make and events you organize and attend. I'm typically working two jobs with family in between, rarely get a chance to maintain skill let alone attend anything really fun like a big CMP match or more appleseeds!

Just want to express gratitude to those who keep this thing alive. If I'm at a point I can get myself more involved I really like what you do. In the mean time I spread the word, though not effectively. Typically in the IT business I'm in your labeled a crazy person for thinking such thoughts, let alone speak of them. Oh well, here's to being nuts!

Attached a few pics, was able to get a few hours away on Presidents Day to put in a little practice in rifleman positions. Pretty snowy day, wind was low, cold but layered up for it. Threw one round outside the 8" ring at 400, but the other 5 right in there. Not sure why I sent 6 down range at 400 but 5 at 300. Oh well, rest of the morning played ringing steel. Was a good time, then back to wooooork! Kids to feed, doctor bills to pay! haha

Signed up for the KD coming in March at Meeker. Looking forward to it, scheduled days off around the weekend so I won't have to leave half way through this time

Mark Davis

Good on you for getting out and doing some shooting.
If you are shooting iron sight those groups are really good.
The target is the weak link.

If you are shooting scope still good. Improvements will come to those who work at it.
Follow the six steps. set up a small square, like 1/8, or 3/16 on a wall in the house or garage and practice getting into position and adjusting natural point of aim. Dryfire fifteen minutes once a week is much better than not at all.

CountZero

Its scoped, my eyes need the help! I'm practicing when I can finding NPOA, I take too long getting into position and making adjustment although its improving from where I began a year ago. Glad I found this program or I'd still basically be firing blanks at that kind of range. More than that I enjoy being able to recite some truth about our nation's beginning to some of the less informed. The history doesn't seem to reach that far back, only about 250 years.. Barely 4 generations with today's life span. Pretty amazing

PHenry

CZ,
Fred always said the definition of commitment is doing that which you know needs to be done - even when it is not convenient.

I am self-employed. That means I can take off any time I want - so long as I get my 70 hours in every week without fail. Since my first event as an instructor in 2008, it has always been tough - right to the ragged edge at times. It's cost me my hobbies, vacations, wear and tear on me and my 18 year old Ford.

I wouldn't trade my time in service to this mission for the world. Do what you can, when you can.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

drifter52

Quote from: CountZero on February 25, 2019, 05:47:08 PM
Typically in the IT business I'm in your labeled a crazy person for thinking such thoughts, let alone speak of them. Oh well, here's to being nuts!

Try working at a university in NYC!

Mark Davis said it all advice wise, so I'll just reiterate - keep up the practice and those groups will close up.

CountZero

Thanks gang, wasn't a rant so much as me being impressed! Appreciate all the hard work you guys do!!! I'll see what I can do to help the cause. I have never been politically active until this past year after my first appleseed. Now I blow up their phones at a regular basis, emails galore, and even attended a rally. Its definitely nothing I enjoy, but I'm trying!

Google

Charles McKinley

CZ,

Ask to become a Blue Hat at your next shoot if you don't shoot score or just don't feel ready for an Orange Hat.

There are a lot of buckets that need filled and passed along the line to bail out U.S.S. America.  Welcome aboard!

See you on the line.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

goodoldfriend

CZ,

I am glad that you are getting the Appleseed conviction.

I have worked 2 jobs for a long time. Appleseed, the history that we teach, and the country mean enough to me that I am willing to give up some of that precious paycheck in exchange for doing what I can to change things, even if it is just one person.

I understand what you are saying and how you feel. I am lucky that my part time job will let me take the time and not penalize me.

Everyone's situation is different of course but I think of what our ancestors gave up to give me the freedoms I enjoy today.

Thank you for your words of appreciation. It really means a lot to know that my time is appreciated. The feeling of appreciation make the fun of being an instructor worthwhile.

Know that if you decide to help in any capacity I will appreciate your commitment.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016