News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Arizona Washington's Birthday Match

Started by chrisknox, January 27, 2009, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisknox

The Washington's Birthday Match is an Arizona tradition going back more than a century -- this is number 117 coming up.  Here in Arizona, that's practically prehistoric.  They match is set up for four-man teams, each shooting separate relays.  Son Brandon and I are planning to shoot and we have room for at least one and possibly two teammates.  Anyone interested in joining us? 

February 21 clinic and match on February 22. 

http://www.geocities.com/washbday/
And -- the rifle?  Wouldn't go out naked of a rifle.  When shoes and clothes and food, when even hope is gone, we'll have the rifle.
-- John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath

Rumpshot

Wow, Chris.  That sounds like a great offer.  I unfortunately will be pulling myself together from spending the previous WEEK at Ben Avery with the NMLRA Western National Shoot.  If you are able stop by and visit on Trader's Row Feb 11-15.  Visiting/watching is FREE!

I hope you will be able to join us at Buckeye or Payson or both.

Great to see you posting occasionally on this site.

Rumpshot
Member Arizona Apple Core.
Appleseeds are formed in the Apple Core.

AZRedhawk44

Chris:

Maybe next year?  This year I'm in El Paso for that weekend, running a shoot.

SavageShootr

That sounds like a fabulous way to spend President Washington's Birthday. I can think of no better way to honor him than being involved in some sort of shooting event that weekend.

We will be celebrating that Great man at an Appleseed in Piru, CA, Feb. 21-22.

I'm sure you and your son will have a wonderful time, and surely someone is available that weekend to join you.

~SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete