News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Eagle Creek, OR Feb 2019 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, February 20, 2019, 02:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Will it be a Winterseed? We shall see.

First NW event of 2019! Looking forward to being back on the trail.

Redhead

Looking forward to the first Oregon event of the year!  Keeping an eye on the forecast as it seems to change everyday.

Kimber Custom

The last OR Winterseed was my first event as a shooter in 2010 - we made Winterseed conditions Sunday. 22 hearty Patriots came to the line to improve their marksmanship skills and be invigorated by their heritage as Rifleman. Saturday rolled in with the cool and wet but our (patent pending) NW water resistant backers and covered shooting line kept us dry. Sunday morning there was white stuff on the ground! It melted off by noon but the windchill kept us in the 'feels like 30* range. Very skilled group of shooters. 4 or 5 re-qualified Saturday afternoon. We heated up the forge for some new Rifleman on Sunday.

Two points of interested on Saturday - it was 2/23 or 223 day; several AR's barking this weekend as shooters were pushing their capabilities into center fire. It was also the day in history that the flag was raised over Iwo Jima. We spent some time with the M1 Garand in remembrance. 

All in all a fabulous weekend and a great way to kick off the NW 2019 season. See you all on the trail.

Didn't take many photos but I saw Flipper had the camera going so expect more pics soon: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TBjkBZoJHGVTPu1y9

l0cate

I had a great time even though I didn't qualify for the winter seed patch. I will definitely be attending more events. You guys are doing a great thing here, keep up the great work.

-Chris M.

Flipper

Wow that was a cold weekend!!! The last time we had a Winterseed event in OR I was like 11 or 12 years old and that was my first event as a shooter!!!  ;D
I'm so glad most everyone was able to come back out on Sunday and brave the small amount of snow on the ground and the freezing wind.
Congratulations to our 5 repeat Rifleman/Riflewoman and our 2 new Rifleman  O0 it was well earned. We had a very wide range of experience and sighting systems on the line. From a few who had never touched a rifle before to some red hats in disguise  :cool2: I think everyone had something to take away even those that could not come back on Sunday.
I have a good feeling about 2019 and look to seeing more people on the line.

Here are my Pictures https://photos.app.goo.gl/BfH8FJY5Y3ywqyuF7

Flipper

just.a.guy

Hello, greetings from Southern Oregon! I'm Matt, the big guy with the red beard (and red hat, as it turns out). Thanks for letting us sneak into your sandbox and play around a while, it was lots of fun being on the receiving end of some excellent instruction (even if I was doing everything wrong on purpose on Saturday). My brother and I enjoyed seeing how you run shoots in this area. You guys have a great crew up there, and we're looking forward to when you all come help when we get a shoot going down here in the Medford area!
Matt
California and Oregon
Rifleman, Pistoleerâ„¢, KD and Instructor
Always learning!