News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

M1 stocks - New/Old Replacement

Started by stoneknives, February 11, 2019, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stoneknives

Have you got a recent M1 Garand from the CMP with the new persimmon/fruitwood, barn red-stained replacement stocks. Well it shoots good but a beauty it aint...

Here is the fix Sportsmans Guide has NOS Beretta Replacements stocks from the 50's available.
A complete set of new/old wood for 76$.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/nato-military-surplus-m1-garand-wood-replacement-stock-used?a=2190658

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/nato-military-surplus-m1-garand-handguard-set-like-new?a=2190659

Happy Shooting :)
Henry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Charles McKinley

Those won't last long.  The one batch of rifles had a lot of termite infestation and the stock had to be destroyed.

If you want an M1 grab it now this is probably your last reprieve.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

ScubaSteve

Buyer beware on these stocks. I thought I might have a need and purchased two of them. Figured I could sell them if I did not need them. The posting on their website says they show signs of long term storage. That may be a bit of an understatement. The two I received look nothing like the picture. The door on the butt stock is rusted shut All other metal is very rusty. The wood is in rough shape. Many dings on it, several are deep dings (gouges) and would not steam out.  Not what you would expect from "new old stock". They also have writing on them both. Once with grease pencil and the other is painted.  One of the two is actually cracked all the way through. A few shots of 30-06 and that piece of wood is coming off.

One of the two I ordered is certainly going back and the other may go with it.

Don't get me wrong if you are looking for some project wood these are probably a good deal but if you are looking for nice wood and a direct replacement be careful these may not be what you are looking for.

stoneknives

Call Sportsman's Guide. they have always had excellent customer service with me.

H
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry