News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Quarryville, PA - 2019Feb02-03

Started by mal, February 10, 2019, 09:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mal

JamesT is having some computer issues so I'm throwing this up here quickly for him.

It was COLD!  Thermo said as low as -4 on the way in and setting up for the event before the sun rose, not including the wind chill.  I think we hit about 20 at the peak of Saturday.  Sunday was MUCH nicer with temps climbing into the 40 range with less wind and plenty of sun. 

A husband & wife couple, Doug & Lydia were the only ones to brave the cold and turn out for the event.  This was THEIR event and they were very engaged in the lessons of riflery and history. 

I wish I had more pics, but I was too busy trying to keep my fingers from freezing off... and I just plain forgot to take more... :-[  Sorry!  So here is the shelter where we held our instruction with crew and attendees huddled around a heater :-)

Doug and Lydia, I know for certain you're both within and event of scoring Rifleman.  Build that solid foundation, NPOA, 6 steps & then doing that all in a steady rhythm (cadence).  Do some dry fire practice with each other and we'll be handing you a Rifleman patch the next time we see you!  And, speaking for the entire crew, we do hope to see you both again. 

A quick shout out to our guest instructor, Saudiaggie.  Good job, mate.  Not sure if any events are closer to you than Quarryville, but do try to check out more/other events.  We all run off the same playbook, but as you noticed, every SB/crew has their own flavor and nuance.  I think it'll make you a more well-rounded instructor to experience how others do things.  That said, you're more than welcome back to Quarryville any time!

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams