News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Outdoor Expo March 16 Delta, Ohio

Started by topper, February 10, 2019, 11:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

topper

Shiloh Christian Union Church is having an Outdoor Expo Saturday March 16 2019.

2100 County Road 5
Delta, Ohio 43515

This is about a 5 minute drive from the Liberty Center shoots at the Henry County Sportsman Club.

There will be tons of door prizes. The grand prize right now is a Canada fishing trip. More prizes are being donated weekly.

From 9:00 AM-3:00 PM there will be 45-50 minute seminars throughout the building all based on outdoor activities

-Fishing
-Firearms
-Archery
-Outdoor cooking
-Land management
-Filleting fish
and more

ODNR will be on site for the day answering questions offering seminars.

Would any Appleseeders be interested in promoting Project Appleseed at this event? Liberty Seeds? Admission / Lunch will be free and you will be eligible for all the door prizes given away at the end of the day.

There will be a vendor table area set up for attendees to visit. If Appleseed participates in the 1 hour seminars the table will be available at no cost.

Would Appleseed be able to donate Adult / youth certificates to the door prize list?

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'm surely forgetting something. Message me or post any questions you have in this thread.

Thanks, Topper

Corvette

Topper,

Absolutely, we will be glad to get you some certificates for a free shoot.  Let's coordinate on how many and how we plan to award them.  Also lets coordinate on the materials that you will need to pass out at the event. 

And, let's get some of our NW Ohio instructors to step up and help you with this opportunity.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

topper

Thanks Corvette, the folks that will attend this Outdoor Expo are the same folks that will participate in an Appleseed weekend.

I can physically set up the table and man it off and on through the day but will not be available from start to finish for the entire day. Displaying flags and having a display table will be an eye catcher.

We are preparing 200-300 welcome bags to hand visitors when they walk in the door. These bags will have freebies, business cards, fliers or coupons from event sponsors. An Ohio shoot schedule could be printed off and slipped in the bag.

Free shoot certificates in the afternoon door prize give away will go over very well. There will be separate prizes specifically for adults and children. I believe there will be specific adult women prizes also.

Free shoot certificates can be given out in any way or quantity Appleseed chooses.
1. Adult only
2. Youth only
3. Ladyseed certificate
3. Adult / Youth combo
4. Family pass - 2 Adult / 2 Youth

There are really no wrong answers here.

This event is not a fund raiser for anyone. It is an event being held at our Church that is open to the public and being sponsored by the Church and local business public. Tickets are $5 for the whole day and that includes a hot lunch, all of the sessions throughout the day and the door prizes at the end of the day.

There are some really great door prizes already on the list:
-Week of fishing in Canada
-Lake Erie Charter(s)
-Ladies CCW class
-Gym membership
-Mountain House food
-$300 taxidermy certificate
-Wood carving knife
Lots of smaller prizes like hammocks, cleaning kits, camping chairs etc and more on the way.

Again, any Appleseeder that wants to participate as a "vendor" can enjoy the day and be eligible for all the door prizes after the guest speaker at the end of the day.

Any instructors that have been to a Liberty Center shoot will have already meet some of the folks that will be at the Expo.

Give me a shout with any questions or advise.

Thanks again, Topper

topper

This link will take you to a Facebook information page about the event.

Well, the goofy link didn't work. Search for "Shiloh CU facebook" and a flier should show up to get more information.

Corvette

Topper,

I will gladly get you 5 gift certificates for a free shoot for the door prize pool.  Where should I mail them to get them to you?   Recipients will need to email me with their choice of shoot and I will get them signed up for free. 

Let me know.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

topper

Awesome and much appreciated. I'll email you an address.

Corvette

Topper,

Prepared five gift certs and five instruction messages for your event.  They will go in the mail Tuesday (Monday is a federal holiday and no mail).  You get them them next week.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Corvette

topper

Perfect, thank you. I'll let you know when they arrive.

topper

Certificates have been received with clear redemption instructions. Thank you.

topper

OK, the seminar schedule is nearly complete. Appleseed has 4 time slots available. At this time there will be 7 seminars going on per hour in different rooms.

11:00
12:00
1:00
2:00

Let me know if someone wants any or all the time slots. The hour long sessions will last 45-55 minutes each allowing attendees time for refreshments and rest room breaks between sessions.

Any Appleseed topic can be presented during these time slots. LibertySeed, DOM, DOW, IMC and wouldn't have to be the same each hour.

Thanks, Topper

topper

Will anyone be able to help me out?

topper

Cactus Jack is coming up from Columbus for the day. (Thank you much!!!) Anyone want to give him a hand?

Also, I need more material to put out on the table. I have (14) tri-folds, various Appleseed targets, Ohio shoot schedule and that's really about it.

Event is Saturday the 16th.

Thanks

little buddy

We have maps, stands, tri folds, and other supplies you can use. Charley has to work that day. I have a new schedule at work so I can not guarantee I can make it but I will try. Pm me so we can figure out a time when we can meet.

Little buddy

topper

Expo event was a success. Appleseed was welcomed and is invited back next year.

Thank you Cactus Jack and your cousin (sorry, forgot your name) for making the drive and Charley and Little Buddy for loaning your flags.

Cactus, feel free to leave an AAR here or make one in the Liberty Seed forum.

Thanks all!

Corvette

Great job everyone. Thank you for stepping up to make the event a success. Much appreciated.

Corvette