News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Desperately needing NRA Certified Instructors

Started by Pain Killer, January 31, 2019, 09:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pain Killer

We need NRA Certified RSO's for the Boy Scout event in Ramseur on March 30th. Please let me know if you are available. We need at least 2

Thanks,
PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

2 clicks low

You know it's funny. Among my creds I'm an NRA CRSO. I have offered to hold RSO classes in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin  to Appleseeders for the cost of manuals. Never got any takers. Yes NRA teaches a different program but Appleseed doesn't yet have the name recondition for organizations like BSA.

Unfortunately with the speed the NRA moves at I don't think I can get manuals, return forms and get people certified in time. I am not aware of anything that would prevent us from doing this on SKYPE if you would like for the future.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

ScubaSteve

I hope you can find somebody local but if not I am an NRA RSO. We would need aproval for travel expences but if it means having the shoot or not I think we can get it approved.  Several of the guys I work with down here in Fl are also NRA. If needed I can reach out to them as well.

PHenry

I had to get it for a venue down here, but already booked for a KD that weekend. Sure would love to see the home range again! In my area you caint swing a cat without hitting an NRA instructor. Some will give discounts for groups. It is a mind-numbing day for anyone with a lot of time on a firing line. I was in a class of 7. All but one of the other six had just started shooting - none had ever served RO duty. As I sat there trying very hard to stay awake, I ran a little math.

100 AS events at min - not counting IBC / RBC x 20 hours each is roughly 2000 hours
50+ RO duties at 4 hours each is another 200 hours

So, at least 2200 hours working a firing line. when it came time to practice skills - mine was to offer line commands. I asked if I could do a set I already knew. When I was done, you coulda heard a pin drop. Instructor said "So, you've done that before?"  O0

The class wasnt too spendy, but registering as a non-NRA member costs double. all tolled, it were over $200 and good for two years I believe.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

malabar

I'm an NRA CRSO, and have trained many of the RSOs throughout Central Florida.  Anytime you want to get certified, give me a buzz.

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Pain Killer

NC Instructor cadre came through and we will have enough for our event. Malabar, we will probably ask you to come to Ramseur to give a class to our Instructors some time if you could,  please PM me with your availability if you could. Are you a NRA rifle Instructor as well?

Thanks,
Steve
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison