News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Bald Knob, AR - Jan, 19-20, 2019

Started by sticksnstones, January 23, 2019, 01:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sticksnstones

A heavy rain for the drive in, followed by a brief let-up, followed by wind and heavy rain, didn't dampen the spirits of the 6 that showed up to learn or the instructor cadre. The rain gave way to snow after lunch, presenting another challenge. We made it through the instruction, the 3 Strikes and even got an AQT in before we called it a day so everyone could go somewhere to warm up. I honestly did not count on everyone returning Sunday but was excited to see all return. These folks were troopers. We had 2 young men, a young lady in her first year of college and 3 men. None was tougher than the other. Sunday left the rain behind, but kept the cold (29*) weather around even with some light precipitation. Yes we had Winterseed weather.

I forgot to mention that on day one there was a point where we had a M1, an M1A, an M14 and ARs on the line, with only one rimfire. Grant came for an attempt to finally get his Rifleman patch, but came a few points short. That didn't affect his attitude and he kept at it hard. He has the skills and will soon settle down and put it all together. Young Charlie was also a joy to be around and although he wasn't greatly concerned about a patch, he did love to shoot the centerfire stuff. Young (12 y/o) Charlie ran the big guns like a champ. Charlies sister Courtney, not only showed her ability to fire the centerfires with authority, but also skillfully. Early bets were on her to get the patch first. She did later only Sunday. At one point I told her to try a scoped rifle and she replied "that's kinda cheatin". Matt, their dad had been to an evet a few years back and returned to show his proficiency. Matt, you have doen a great job parenting these two. A coworker, of his, Jaques was also a joy to be around. Jaques finally got the patch later on Sunday (with a 210). No he didn't get baptized, but I owe him one. I have a feeling he will return to another event. John Mark, although quiet, showed his tenacity and got the patch and showed that getting a Rifleman score was repeatable. Truly enjoyed having this whole group there. Our instructor cadre did a great job of instructing and keeping everything safe and smooth. Thanks all.
Quinncannon also show his skills a bit and shot in excess of 240. Not a big deal for a 250 shooter like himself.
Since I only had one available, I will be ordering your Winterseed patches. Huzzah
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

sticksnstones

more pics
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

Quinncannon

What an event! I was impressed by everyone's "can do"attitude and willingness to persevere under such weather conditions! Even more impressed that they all showed up again on Sunday!

When the  "AQT Grind" began, I expected Rifleman scores to be shot fairly quick, I was not disappointed! The men shot good scores and the young lady, certainly displayed, "shoot like a girl, if you can!". The young men, displayed great attitudes and willingness to learn, they will earn their patches soon.

To all the instructors, I enjoyed visiting with you, never seems to be enough time, I should see you again in Hot Springs!
"This we"ll defend"

Rifleman patch, first Appleseed, N. Little Rock, April 2010.
KD qualified, Talledega, July 2016
KD qualified, Manchester, Sept 2016
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, June 2018
Infernoseed, Bald Knob, June 2018
250 Perfect score, Bald Knob, 17 June, 2018
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2019
Distinguished, Hot Springs, April 2019
Distinguished, Bald Knob, Jan 2020
Distinguished, Bald Knob,  Aug 2020
Distinguished, Bolt Action, Bald Knob, Jan 2021
Distinguished, Menifee, Arkansas Aug 2021
Distinguished KD, 50/50, 50/50, Hot Springs, AR Oct 2021
Distinguished, Bolt Action and Semi, Bald Knob, Jan 2022

bright1

I think this was the best one I've attended to date. What a great group of shooters!