News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hoozah!! Tennessee Appleseeders SOUND OFF!!!

Started by Sgt-at-Arms, January 01, 2019, 12:36:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt-at-Arms

Happy New Year's Everybody ;),

I'd like to see a Roll Call of fellow TN Appleseeders :beer:. I live in the small town Waverly TN in Humphreys County. We're located about an 1hr drive West of Nashville, 1hr drive South of Clarksville, and a 2hr drive East of Memphis.  The Tennessee River makes our Western Border, with Interstate 40 across the South End, and we're located at the cross roads of HWY 70 & HWY 13.  I'm hoping to bring 2 Standard Appleseeds to Waverly in 2019.  I'm new to the Program, but very motivated.  I've only attended Appleseeds at the Manchester/Tallahoma Arnold AFB Range :snipersmi, which I really enjoy, but hope to make to many other TN events O0!

If you'd be so kind to SOUND OFF ^:)^ with your Forum Name, level of membership, and where from TN your located and what Ranges you usually serve.

Sgt-at-Arms
Applecore
Waverly TN
Humphreys County Sheriff's Dept Range

:F
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Tennessee Beast

Tennessee Beast
Instructor (as of 5/26/19).
Nashville
I am also new to the cadre. I plan to serve where I am needed (within reason). So far, I have worked events in 7 states, but I primarily stay in the Tennessee Valley (TN, AL, and GA).

We shot together at AEDC twice.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."  George Washington 1790

"[T]o preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them…"
- Richard Henry Lee, Declaration Signer

Practice every time you get a chance. - Bill Monroe

ArmyVet

ArmyVet1969
IIT0 (anxious to change that!)
Watertown (Wilson County, SE of Lebanon on US 70)
I shot twice in Manchester (Arnold AFB) and I signed up for Pelham IBC. Both are relatively close for me. I am willing to travel reasonable distances.
The difference between a novice and a master: the novice does it until they get it right. The master does it until they can't get it wrong.

Faramir

IIT0, looking to upgrade soon.

I'm in Mt. Juliet, east of Nashville. I'll be at the Pelham IBC as well.

Dracomeister

Hi Y'all from the Beautiful Hills & Hollers of Hilham (about 25 miles north of Cookeville). Been an IIT3 for a while and have worked Manchester, Antioch, Pelham, Chapel Hill, Sevierville, and Spencer. I've also attended the RBC at Ramseur and the IBC in Alabama. All of you local IITs should seriously take a look at the up coming IBC in Pelham later this month, the training is OUTSTANDING and it is free! See you at an event soon!
My Oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America has no expiration date!

Sgt-at-Arms

Tennessee Beast, didn't realize that was you, congrats on shooting Rifleman buddy! Dracomeister, if I recall correctly Sir,  you were at the Manchester with us as well. I brought my daughter Maddie on Patriots Day and my buddy Joshua late in September. Faramir and ArmyVet1969 I'm not sure if I've had the pleasure but I'm sure we'll come across each other somewhere along the Trail. Preciate you guys Sounding Off.
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

"we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

Sgt-at-Arms

I won't be able to attend the IBC at Pelham, my work schedule will have me away. I have signed up for the IBC in Canton GA in in a few weeks, looking forward to that. And I've signed up to shoot the RBC at the Ramsuer NC RWVA Home Range in March, very excited about that as well!
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

Guardian

I'm in Sevierville area. Look forward to meeting y'all on the trail.

Black Knight

Black Knight here from Hermitage immediately east of Nashville.  Proud Applecore volunteer.  I have served at Nashville many time at the TWRA range in Antioch and just completed the IBC at Pelham, TN.
Black Knight
1st AS: Tuscaloosa, AL OCT  8-9, 2016
Applecore: Jun 6, 2017
AC/RSO: Jul 12, 2017
IBC: Pelham, TN Feb 23-24, 2019
Pistol IBC: Mar 5,2021

Sgt-at-Arms

Hoozah, Guardian & Black Knight! I'm Sgt-at-Arms. I volunteered for Applecore cause I knew at my first event, this was something I wanted to be apart of. I've attended a few events, including an IBC, but have shot only 2 AQTs, lol, I fell short of Rifleman by about 5 to 3 pts each time, but I'm not worried about that.  I've shot rifle on and off for yrs. That day will come. I'm here to spread fire! To kindle that spark! I'll catch you guys out on the Trail!
Kenneth Dawyne Pirtle
"Sgt-at-Arms"

dart67eb

I'm in Germantown and run the shoots in Memphis and Como, MS.
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.