Author Topic: Young Patriot Patch  (Read 148 times)

Offline Tennessee Beast

• RWVA Instructor
  • Riflemen Persist!
Young Patriot Patch
« on: December 20, 2018, 05:23:27 PM »
I've seen this referred to as representing Luther Blanchard as well as William Diamond.  Which one is it?  I don't know if it matters.  They both were about the same age (16-19).  However, Luther Blanchard (age 18) was injured during the advance on the North Bridge and later died (as a result of these injuries?).  Perhaps I know the answer since Diamond was a drummer and Blanchard was a fifer.
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775

Offline Tennessee Beast

• RWVA Instructor
  • Riflemen Persist!
Re: Young Patriot Patch
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 07:34:22 PM »
According to the FAQ page,  it is referred to by several names: William Diamond patch , Luther Blanchard patch, young patriot, and the youth patch.  Thanks, Oz. 
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 07:39:00 PM by Tennessee Beast »
In giving us dominion over the animal kingdom, God has signified His will that we subdue the beast within ourselves.
John Lancaster Spalding

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, 1775