News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Waco TX December 15-16, 2018

Started by scuzzy, December 18, 2018, 12:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Yet another great shoot at Waco. And of course it would be - we had some good instructors to help and some fine people from the Central Texas area attending.

We had 25 shooters show up and over the weekend 7 people got their patches.

The crowd was a mix of young kids and us oldsters.

I had plenty of help with our Master Story Teller, Paul.Rome, doing his great stories. Paul has created laminated graphics to go with his stories. He always teaches me something new. While I like giving others a chance to tell stories if Paul is there I'm giving him the floor.

And AF5US told a reeeaaalllyyy long first strike. Normally I start pointing at a watch in the background when the strikes gets really long. But it was told in an engaging manner, with plenty of humor, and I didn't see anybody in the audience appear bored. I'll have to say that he's just right behind Paul in being a Master of the story.

The crowd was great, the kids paid attention, and fun was had by all.

And we picked us up a father and son team as IIT and Blue Hat. Thanks guys for volunteering.

There was one incident right at the end of Sunday. A young kid had a squib and yet he fired again. And again. I'm glad to say that there were no injuries other than a ruined barrel.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mercedes

^:)^ I'm so excited that Cecil, Mims and Cash are joining the Instructor and AppleCore cadre!!!!  Welcome aboard.   ^:)^ 

..:..  ..:..  ..:..  CONGRATULATIONS to ALL our RIFLEMAN - 7 at one event HUZZAH!  HUZZAH!  HUZZAH!  ..:..  ..:..  ..:..

Ragnar Delta

Great shoot, glad to have everyone out.

If anyone has more pictures, please share.

Mercedes

Ragnar's right - the photos are GREAT and so fun to look at after the event.

PLEASE NOTE: We do not have permission to publish the photos with some of the kids getting their Rifleman Certificates.

AF5US

In my defense, we weren't hurting for time at the end of the weekend.   ;)  Shooters were clearly getting worn out.

Great shoot, everyone.  Definitely one for the books.  That's a huge percentage of newly-minted riflemen, which just goes to show the importance of persistence, dedication & plain old stubbornness.

Quote from: scuzzy on December 18, 2018, 12:48:46 PM
And AF5US told a reeeaaalllyyy long first strike. Normally I start pointing at a watch in the background when the strikes gets really long. But it was told in an engaging manner, with plenty of humor, and I didn't see anybody in the audience appear bored. I'll have to say that he's just right behind Paul in being a Master of the story.
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleerâ„¢:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)